Creating new tab ninja 250 front fairing. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Creating new tab ninja 250 front fairing.

gamer486

I removed my front fairing today and found one of the tabs that holds the bottom radiator plastic was broken. I dont have the missing piece to be able to weld it together. Is it possible to use JBWeld Plastic Bonder(the one i saw says its an "Adhesive, Filler and sealer") to create a new tab? Or is there another way to create a new tab?

My other option is to mcguyver a tab out of a piece of metal ring clamp and glue that in place.

pics of the tab.
http://imgur.com/a/7y3Eh

is the fairing ABS? If so make a new one with a piece of ABS scrap(plumbing pipe or scrap fairing) and melt it to the stub.

from my understanding its abs. I will have to double check it tomorrow. Also i have no experience with abs welding.

Can you still get Plastex at Home Hardware? I built bunch of tabs on my '84 Honda with it. It needs to be used in a well ventilated area.

I saw the vids about abs and acetone. I didn't have the time to buy/make that stuff. Found an epoxy putty by jbweld. I used that to form a new tab on there. so far, its worked out fine (took 2 tries). although i could have done a better job at shaping it on the first time.

Back
Top Bottom