ATV rules expanded. What about us ? | GTAMotorcycle.com

ATV rules expanded. What about us ?

Man I got excited for more freedom for ATV's, only to realize you posted a 2 year old article...

...problem is that we are perceived to rip up the trails and at faster speeds more 'dangerous' to pedestrian traffic than the hill-billies in sporting crocs and overalls on their ATVs...

I think OFTR needs to step up the PR work/activities to start (visibly) showing that 2-wheelers care about the trails and thus DESERVE more access. Season-opener trail maintenance rides [publicised in the paper, etc), etc... we need to work on our image.

(I also promise to rooost less walkers next time i'm bombing down the Halliburton trail illegally.)

we need to work on our image.

Sadly, in my experience it is less of an image problem and more of an ******* problem. The closest I have come to getting hit by a motorbike was on a bicycle/ski trail where motors where prohibited, the ******* was sliding into corners and spinning on the way out. We've all ridden places we weren't supposed to go, but the key is trying to leave it like you found it. FWIW, my parents allow a snowmobile trail to run through their property, but don't allow summer access because neither dirt bikes nor ATV's think that staying on the trail is important.

I am sure that many many people on bikes care and are conscientious, but as with most things, the few who aren't ruin it for the rest.

Back
Top Bottom