Smaller displacement stunt bikes? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Smaller displacement stunt bikes?

Little Miss Juice

Hi Everyone,

I've been searching info on small bikes set up for stunting. So far what I found was all about 50-70cc used to "get the feel" of stunting. However, I was thinking of something more of a regular size bike, like CBR125 or so.. My questions are:
1. Do you think it's a feasible idea at all?
2. Any experience?
3. How's the situation with parts?

Not gonna ride in on the streets, a have a sweet lot where I won't be interrupted.

Last edited:
There are some stunters on here (including at least 1 girl) that also have small stunt bikes. JohnnyP636 is the name that comes to mind, he will know the rest of them. He is a busy guy and not around as much lately,but it's worth a PM to see what he has to say.

Last edited:
Cbr125 has so little power it would be a clutch work out. Better to use a crf230l or something similar. I prefer a 500 or 600 single cylinder for the torque.

Cbr125 has so little power it would be a clutch work out. Better to use a crf230l or something similar. I prefer a 500 or 600 single cylinder for the torque.
but it's also only 250 lbs or so! Also looking for something physically small since not that that much room to store it =)

I haven't seen much with the CBR125, for smaller displacement stunt bikes it seems like the Honda GROM is the new hot mini to have....

I cant say much about the smaller bikes, I only used a CRF50 to get me into back brake technique. It was a stepping stone to get better on the bigger bike, my goal was never to stay on the 50. And to be honest I have not ridden one in years and probably couldn't do a very good wheelie on one right now without some practice.

The smaller bikes are way more popular in other parts of the world where they either just don't have bigger sport bikes available, or they are just too expensive or hard to get for the average person. So you see a lot more smaller displacement bikes and scooters being used in other parts of the world. And they will use whatever brand or model they can get their hands on....

Basically I've seen people use whatever they can get their hands on with 2 wheels and motor, so anything is possible. You just have to be more creative with a bike that does not have a large stunt parts market for it, and build your own stunt parts/setup.

A friend of mine is building a KLX300 right now to play around with in the parking lot, previous to that he rode a CRF 50 and a Chinese knock off 50 that was a little larger then a standard Honda 50......There really is no stunt parts available for it, so he has to either make or modify parts to stunt it out. Not something I would do personally but its what he has and hes willing to put in the effort to turn it into what he wants.

Last edited:
1. Dirt bike. Take your pick. Best choice ... crashable, designed to wheelie, tons of parts available.
2. Grom.

Trials bike.Done.
[video=youtube;8bPaMUN7tM4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bPaMUN7tM4[/video]

Last edited:
Trials bike.Done.
[video=youtube;8bPaMUN7tM4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bPaMUN7tM4[/video]

Didn't he put his foot down at 1:25 or didn't that count?

Weird that no one has suggested a 250 or 300 yet? Groms are fun to stunt but if you still want to ride on the street you might want a little more juice to play with. A sumo would work just fine but to me there's something about a sport bike being stunted that a dirt bike doesn't have. The 250/300 base has a lot of aftermarket support, dirt cheap parts and bikes, and adequate power to do all the main stunts except maybe rolling burnouts (who cares if it doesnt power wheelie? learn to wheelie properly.). Add a handlebar, handbrake, big sprocket, cage, stick it in second gear and go nuts.

Last edited:
Weird that no one has suggested a 250 or 300 yet? Groms are fun to stunt but if you still want to ride on the street you might want a little more juice to play with. A sumo would work just fine but to me there's something about a sport bike being stunted that a dirt bike doesn't have. The 250/300 base has a lot of aftermarket support, dirt cheap parts and bikes, and adequate power to do all the main stunts except maybe rolling burnouts (who cares if it doesnt power wheelie? learn to wheelie properly.). Add a handlebar, handbrake, big sprocket, cage, stick it in second gear and go nuts.

I currently own 250, so might keep it for the purpose haha =)

Trials bikes are by far the lightest, easiest and safest bikes to lean to do tricks on. My 4-stroke trials bikes are a little heavy compared to some :| mine weigh in at 160 pounds, have one finger clutch, one finger brake, rugged construction that is very resistant to significant damage even when it falls on you.

... oh, by "lot" do you mean pavement or concrete? The things you are trying to learn are clutch control, throttle control, brake control and that a motorcycle has a front to rear balance point as well as side to side. Sand, dirt, grass or snow are all much softer to land on and the chance of breaking things like levers is greatly reduced, you need a grassy knoll or a decent sized back yard, not an abandoned parking lot.

Last edited:
Hardly any distance to fall.

Hardly any distance to fall.
cheap to fix, bulletproof and lots of aftermarket support.

I've got quite a few looping vids from the Grom Squad i could share :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom