Calgary cops get Vstroms | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Calgary cops get Vstroms

I've ordered parts for both our "jap bikes" (some of them reasonably obscure, like shock bushings for my VTX this past spring and a speedo wheel gear set for my wife's Vstar) and they were available next day (much less 3) mere kilometres away - Honda Powerhouse in Bowmanville, and Asseltines. Hell, Asseltines had the speedo cable for her bike actually in stock, but the gear set that I wanted with it had to come from the Yamaha central warehouse in Toronto.

So yeah, I don't buy your argument. Go ahead and name a part that you think isn't available inside 3 days for either of my bikes and I'll call and check.

That aside, it's been well proven that metrics tend to be super reliable anyways. They're in the shop less, simply said.

Those are minor parts. It hasn't been my experience that Yamaha in particular has enough parts in their warehouse. I had to order a fuel tank and CDI box. Both were on back order for two months.

Those are minor parts. It hasn't been my experience that Yamaha in particular has enough parts in their warehouse. I had to order a fuel tank and CDI box. Both were on back order for two months.

Perhaps you ordered from the wrong person?

Back order for 2 months...thats half the riding season in canada

I put over 200,000 km on my 2006 V-Strom 650, 139,000+Km on my second generation 2012 V-Strom 650, and a bit over 79,000 km on my 2015 V-Strom 1000. The new generation V-Strom 1000 (2014+) is pretty much just as nimble as my 650's were.

Probably the only guy I know who has torture-tested and consistently tried to destroy 3 generations of VStroms with high mileage, but can't. A testament to the brand. :cool: I think Suzuki should be endorsing your experience like the guy in NJ who has over 1 million miles on a Volvo and got a new one courtesy of Volvo. Suzuki should also be providing youwith your next VStrom and feature you in an ad. Seriously.

A few years ago Toronto police were mixing BMW GSs with their H-Ds, but I think abandoned the BMWs because maintenance and parts costs were so high. In Europe the majority of police bikes are BMW, and not H-D and likely because H-D is more costly to maintain there, not to mention the high price of gas.

A few months ago I was in Ottawa and spoke to a cop on a H-D who said the whole fleet there is H-D and he preferred it that way. I guess it's cheaper cost and the public presence of a huge intimidating machine which they like, as it would invite less challenges from an offending driver.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom