Finally some decent spring weather | GTAMotorcycle.com

Finally some decent spring weather

MacDoc

Site Supporter
Finally some decent riding weather

Nice ride to the Forks....10 degrees.. not as much wind as I expected. Some decent weather coming up this week....every day looks rideable :D

Last edited:
yes. was little surprise to see the sun out today. 10c is good riding weather. dress appropriately, some food in your stomach, some coffee breaks and your good to go

I do believe that the roads have been officially cleaned by the rain!
Got our for an hour today as well, and that sun makes a big difference.

Looking good all week ...might chase spring south after all.

C75hSKCZLmzmhK01t3oxT3X8dLjhQNKlZknxjaOZa4mm7IjTlUuNeBlfF5Cp3CEittep2XEopQgFLMuhozp9vqXczkNzDYKjN_JjKVa6DYnn7YfIkFojd7Ble4DOdqBGoCsYOCWH0ZbWViMv6iKJ2myK0RrL7tvx5vpmW9K8wj_Zj4OEBaZvavjAJ1Dt1GHTpjo4y7gJ8nMCxWhNBi36lcwk12BGMPfvRX3ioDbTGXxlWmOA1iLRHdvejk1ZdO6pcTjT3i_gfHEINTdHWNpix_UScZECLsU13kKOcA-XFV98MjyYkjPrC4lBdQhzeFFKAiFu3prlL9pBwNAJRNfb2Aai_8OoLu-k914eg-S1rmwZ6b3thzmtawt_VgdM8_C46hk8UD810UJCf6_tljL8geOg1izq_yduQVRS1tIRGna399y9zz1uEALvtrOMU73k3QEr_VMLV0ldFrtONJxfpHnjRHzdf3OJmIlK2Qz9-PfTPaVNPYgqSbN9V4pY4G5MdHLVM2gSm59ta2AhBpRmen7vuPhLR4S46UeodQDutGKx-4qquO_YqcB1Ow2MRDmA4bCJ4ZRVD5wx03mlUNvAZO_IB0k4EyuGMjGM7yYZCzMCDzZNAdJ4OQ=w1384-h588-no

Got a bit chilled on the way home around 5 pm yesterday...there was a streamer coming straight off Georgian Bay and it was damp. Was nice sitting outside chatting then could feel the chill. Forgot my long johns under the mesh but the knee armor was warm enough....- looks nicer today ....get out there. :D

I'm anxious to get some miles in on my 'new to me' BMW k100! The riding position on these are perfect. I must be getting old to prefer this over my 848 now! LOL

Very nice up at the Forks now ...sunny - lots of chit chat - lots of black flies tho they are not in biting mood.

Last edited:
Carpal tunnel cancelled til 2018. Got hornswoggled by the sun and 17 forecast today. in stead 50+ khp wind off cold water and a bit of rain tho nothing more than nuisance.
Forgot my pain pills so that and wrestling the VStrom on the highway made me sore. The ride along Lake Erie from Selkirk to Port Colborne was very nice tho with wind right behind me ,..but still chilly next to the water.
Almost got myself centre punched when what I thought was a 4 way stop sign was only two....I'd just gone through 3-4 in a row that were 4 way and this intersection looked no different. :(

Fortunate the Vstrom was a bit sluggish off the line and the pickup driver swerved enough to clear me....I did get stopped but certainly not where I should have been.

The wind did not make for a pleasant day but 360km loop and meal of perch plus good audio book was okay.

Rather ominous slant to those temps for the guys further north

ynuHlGx2rqFvgqo__nEKcINY9U1uJKHJ2hKToK6_GRT04dCKFObzLp7bBCOHXAR2C2xBK7-viOiAFDQsEdj_EovGtG_9ILC2kW60EOM-Cz1jz_dUfMl3SlzLuU7ReaQDEyhCTFATTyl4oOaZrdZFy4n4b2ZmYtzx60fq08Z2SrwrKzDNLHNP3vu-UFHOM3fydM7SB6jztdceEy33Nb8i9JR2X7mrRQ4-mbGPz6QdlbM5DF3IQMn2pM_-N5mBRRg9MZymQkPIlHKk8_hxfPE4v7CLuA35SC37PR27UxCkbWCN-n8fqWxCM-MumkVo5OlRliyIQx1vI6rNkxjzceNLkjuNPTTaGSAUt-aMBlgvQHJP5w8PnUJX2m2rMMSq4YQWnXJ6sfO4A4KKFmY-NZb47L6bZbrj3GuDCHm6O3q5tXzD3gckNv6gLhbEccxI3HxLjoNIa6iIy_5yZrUAwXlcZHx6ruS4SmguhXszMStauXUBkT4W8U6LdIoIfdlMoZpoj93rgDl2DrUhkP60DnlnO8lCAusGOKGAAdO5HqaQJZyMIkWnB8NziGb9O8x2a6nYW3f_LCBr__W0a_m70t7VwAwXXlT9MqgXolXaH1G2lmeKpYQ6ta13gA=w2118-h1398-no

Got home about 6 after a lazy ride along the Lakeshore at Burlington avoiding the usual Sunday traffic on the QEW.
House building every where...hardly recognized some areas ...so built up....at least the lakeshore by Selkirk still sleepy mired in the 50s and 60s..

Last edited:
I do believe that the roads have been officially cleaned by the rain!
Got our for an hour today as well, and that sun makes a big difference.

Ha...had occasion to chat with fully decked out high end Katoom adventure-er today....he explained all of ride nannies including abs, traction control, ride modes and electronic suspension. Also expressed disappointment with "still some grit in corners". I think he was from out of town tho.

Ha...had occasion to chat with fully decked out high end Katoom adventure-er today....he explained all of ride nannies including abs, traction control, ride modes and electronic suspension. Also expressed disappointment with "still some grit in corners". I think he was from out of town tho.

Track day should sort that out

It was nice when I started out from Toronto around noon yesterday.
Then it got really windy north east of the city. Scattered rain bands then made it a more interesting ride.
I ended up bypassing the 509 to Ompah and just heading straight towards home.

All in all though, the weekend was not nearly as dire as originally predicted.

with the wind behind you ...for once going east paid off.
Very nice today but still a bit windy..nothing like yesterday. Wednesday insanely warm

with the wind behind you ...for once going east paid off.
Very nice today but still a bit windy..nothing like yesterday. Wednesday insanely warm
Unfortunately, there was a lot of North as well. Not a lot of motorcycle or other traffic, I only saw 5 bikes coming the other way, and none going mine.
I found out that the boots i wore leak, gloves weren't too bad, and some kind of waterproof neck gator would work well when I want to stretch my neck.

Today seems nice, but a little windy. I've had my walk, now time for a ride.

Careful out there today

Mississauga,ONAlerts in EffectView Full Forecast
ALERTS IN EFFECT
Severe Thunderstorm Watch

Issued at 10:39 Thursday 18 May 2017
Conditions are favourable for the development of dangerous thunderstorms that may be capable of producing damaging wind gusts, large hail and heavy rain.

The thunderstorms are expected to develop ahead of or along a cold front this afternoon or evening.

###

Very strong wind gusts can damage buildings, down trees and blow large vehicles off the road. Remember, severe thunderstorms can produce tornadoes.

Severe thunderstorm watches are issued when atmospheric conditions are favourable for the development of thunderstorms that could produce one or more of the following: large hail, damaging winds, torrential rainfall.

Back
Top Bottom