X ring chain advice needed. | GTAMotorcycle.com

X ring chain advice needed.

ANDRASTA

So I have never done an x ring chain before . Does it differ from the original chain as far as assembly goes?does it still use rivets?

I have never done one so don't really know what to expect. Any advice is appreciated.

I have attached a photo of a kit my buddy has that I can borrow. Is it sufficient to do the job?

thanks again.
a34436373181c8bbfc87f748451499d1.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the advice. If it makes any difference, its an EK MVXZ chain.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Don't mess it up. Don't rivet the master link too tight. Some chains come with spacers so you don't do that.

Don't mess it up. Don't rivet the master link too tight. Some chains come with spacers so you don't do that.

makes no difference...

do you have a spare connecting link, just in case you bugger up the current one....

Yes apparently the EK chain comes with a special master link that you just use an 8mm socket top put the link on. Some kind of screw on link. Yes I will have extra length as I am swapping my swingarm. I need 108 links or there abouts and they are shipping it too me with 120 links.

If you are using the EK with the screw master link, you don't need the riveter. The pin remover part you do ...or dremel the old master off.

I'm talking about a spacer so you don't compress the O rings too much. Might come with your chain.
ChainSpacer1_zps5c22e70d.jpg

0000_EK_530_ZZZ_Series_Chain_Connecting_Link_Chrome.jpg

Yes apparently the EK chain comes with a special master link that you just use an 8mm socket top put the link on. Some kind of screw on link. Yes I will have extra length as I am swapping my swingarm. I need 108 links or there abouts and they are shipping it too me with 120 links.

My bad, I meant, do you have a spare master link, in case the one you have gets buggered up....

If you are using the EK with the screw master link, you don't need the riveter. The pin remover part you do ...or dremel the old master off.

I'm talking about a spacer so you don't compress the O rings too much. Might come with your chain.
ChainSpacer1_zps5c22e70d.jpg

0000_EK_530_ZZZ_Series_Chain_Connecting_Link_Chrome.jpg

My bad, I meant, do you have a spare master link, in case the one you have gets buggered up....

Thanks guys, No I dont have a spare master. I will try my best not to F it up. Spacer probably comes with Yes.

Back
Top Bottom