Good quality, light cold weather riding gloves? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Good quality, light cold weather riding gloves?

No, not bulky at all, feel like any regular motorcycle glove, but cut wind better, hold heat, are much warmer, and waterproof with a lifetime warranty I believe.

The nice things about them is also, between the knuckle there is a pocket that fits the Hand warmer heat packs from marks warehouse perfect, can keep you toasty for a little longer!

Yeh pricey, and I felt it when leaving the store :lmao:... But, riders choice gave me full instore credit for some Alpine Star gloves I had bought last year, which cost $100+ and fell apart in a month and left me freezing in muskoka. That and I have long arms, so these gloves had the longest gauntlets I could find. tbh, when I rode with them to Ottawa last week in the rain and cold, I was more than Happy with them and the price. I'm not made of money either lol, just wanted a warm, do it all, dependable glove that I could use year round.

They do have some nice details, easy to take on and off, and some memory foam between the knuckle protectors and your hand, which are sooo comfortable. The leather is soft and supple too, the gloves I tried on from revit to dainese were too stiff and felt hard.

https://fortnine.ca/en/100-percent-brisker-gloves

Heard some good things about these, seem perfect for my needs(good in cool temps 0-10 degrees and not bulky whatsoever)

Ordered them, will report how they fair

Bicycle gloves - no armor and not designed for 120 klick cold weather protection plus your wrists are exposed.
I wore these gloves on a one hour ride when it was 5C outside. At lower speeds they kept my hands warm enough but I wouldn't want to be riding on a highway on a cold day. They're too snug to wear with an inner liner so that's not an option.

The physics are all against a slim cold weather glove that works. Because of the 3DO armour the First Gear is much slimmer than most 3 season gauntlets and are waterproof.

If you want slim and warm the only way you will get it is with these

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/firstgear-heated-glove-liners

I often wear them with no outer glove but then there is no armour. They stretch over your hand and are generally skintight ...they are designed to go under other gloves.

You need a controller as well.

https://www.revzilla.com/firstgear-heated-gear

Last edited:
If you want slim and warm the only way you will get it is with these

Agreed, I have a similar set of heated glove liners, however I find them pretty uncomfortable (wearing an ICON Patrol waterproof glove over top) and a PITA to put on / take off (hooking/unhooking the wires mainly), so much so I don't bother wearing them most of the time and just rely on heated grips. If it gets cold enough I switch to my Firstgear 'winter' gloves (not sure the actual name or if they sell it anymore) but it is a *bulky* glove.

Also I don't think I'd want to use heated gloves / liners without a heated jacket as it would be annoying to have the wires running down the arms; with the jacket the connectors are built in and have little 'garages' in the lower sleeve when you aren't using them. I am using the Powerlet jacket (which I bought on sale). The jacket comes with a dual wireless controller so you can control it and the gloves separately. You can mix brands as they all use the standard coax connector.

I'm tempted to pick up a set of the Klim gloves based on the recommendation posted here but I will probably wait until one of my current pairs wears out / is lost. Or there is a really good sale!

I don't find the wires and issue if you anchor them on the coat hook at the neck
They stay in the jacket and the gloves are small. You do have to have over gloves with enough room but as I said..I often wear them alone.

Back
Top Bottom