Good quality, light cold weather riding gloves? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Good quality, light cold weather riding gloves?

bigpoppa

Just got some arctiva(snowmobile) gloves from fortnine, also a balaclava.

The balaclava looks promising, but the gloves are FARR too bulky, anyone know of a good/non bulky cold weather riding gloves they can recommend?

Keep me warm, but at the same time allow good throttle control/modulation and feel, and not be bulky?

thanks gents.

The best ones I have, were some inexpensive black leather gauntlets with no ventilation, and lined with thinsulate, from one of the Toronto Motorcycle Shows a couple of years back.

I use some Joe Rocket rain gloves with my heated grips. Definitely no ventilation cause of the (no longer) waterproof lining between the inner and outer glove

The waterproof touring gloves I bought at Daytona Motorsport are on the upper edge of bulkiness. No longer waterproof after 3 seasons now, but breathe better LoL.

I recall a thread from last year about 3 season gloves: http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforu...3-season-gauntlet&highlight=Waterproof+gloves

I'm going to check out the Axiom gloves.

If you keep riding in cold weather, one day you will get heated grips. Maybe think about this sooner rather than later.

The waterproof touring gloves I bought at Daytona Motorsport are on the upper edge of bulkiness. No longer waterproof after 3 seasons now, but breathe better LoL.

I recall a thread from last year about 3 season gloves: http://www.gtamotorcycle.com/vbforu...3-season-gauntlet&highlight=Waterproof+gloves

I'm going to check out the Axiom gloves.

If you keep riding in cold weather, one day you will get heated grips. Maybe think about this sooner rather than later.

Yeah my next bike WILL have heated grips.

Honestly most of them seem fairly bulky, so unless i know for sure otherwise, ill probably just be better off trying them before buying them at a dealer or a show

No - I'm at the Forks - come try them on. If you look at the First Gear line up ...they have winter glove that is bulky and a 3 season glove which these are that is fine.
THe D3O armor is slim and flexible but very protective..

Axion
firstgear_tpg_axiom_gloves.jpg

Tundra

firstgear_tpg_tundra_gloves_black.jpg

Last edited:
Many gloves do not have room for liners.
Those that do ...the best solution is heated liners. They are very nice.

Be careful with any Gortex gloves...make sure the liner is fixed at the finger tips...if not your will have a hell of a time with wet hands.....sometimes even with dry getting the fingers back in place.

I bought a pair of Klim Quest Long Gloves a few weeks back, after a pair of Alpinestar gloves lasted less than 2 months and would freeze my hands! I wore liners under the Alpinestar ones, and they were too tight with even thin liners, so My hands would get numb, and later the leather on the gloves stretched out too much from the liners... So I avoid that now.

I just rode to Ottawa last week with the Kilms, it was fairly chilly, add in some rain, and so far I'm impressed by the comfort and mild-cold weather warmth on these. They are a little pricey due to the gore-tex, but they were the longest cuff, most snug, nicest closure system and most comfortable gloves I found in store at the time.

https://fortnine.ca/en/klim-quest-long-gloves

I bought a pair of Klim Quest Long Gloves a few weeks back, after a pair of Alpinestar gloves lasted less than 2 months and would freeze my hands! I wore liners under the Alpinestar ones, and they were too tight with even thin liners, so My hands would get numb, and later the leather on the gloves stretched out too much from the liners... So I avoid that now.

I just rode to Ottawa last week with the Kilms, it was fairly chilly, add in some rain, and so far I'm impressed by the comfort and mild-cold weather warmth on these. They are a little pricey due to the gore-tex, but they were the longest cuff, most snug, nicest closure system and most comfortable gloves I found in store at the time.

https://fortnine.ca/en/klim-quest-long-gloves

Are they bulky?

Goddamn 300$!

Could get new tires for that!

No, not bulky at all, feel like any regular motorcycle glove, but cut wind better, hold heat, are much warmer, and waterproof with a lifetime warranty I believe.

The nice things about them is also, between the knuckle there is a pocket that fits the Hand warmer heat packs from marks warehouse perfect, can keep you toasty for a little longer!

Yeh pricey, and I felt it when leaving the store :lmao:... But, riders choice gave me full instore credit for some Alpine Star gloves I had bought last year, which cost $100+ and fell apart in a month and left me freezing in muskoka. That and I have long arms, so these gloves had the longest gauntlets I could find. tbh, when I rode with them to Ottawa last week in the rain and cold, I was more than Happy with them and the price. I'm not made of money either lol, just wanted a warm, do it all, dependable glove that I could use year round.

They do have some nice details, easy to take on and off, and some memory foam between the knuckle protectors and your hand, which are sooo comfortable. The leather is soft and supple too, the gloves I tried on from revit to dainese were too stiff and felt hard.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom