New here just saying hello | GTAMotorcycle.com

New here just saying hello

Just got my M1 license today, and will be booking a MTO driving course soon.
Really excited, but still looking for a bike within my price range and what I'd like it to be.

I've picked up some shoes, and a jacket and am planning a trip out to Royal Distributing to try on some helmets and gloves soon.
Ahh so much to do before I can be riding out on the streets confidently.

Anyways, it's nice to be a part of the community.

Welcome to the forum!

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

g`day and welcome to gta from australia ......check out the forum lots of good advice on what bike and gear to buy and remember a $10 helmet for a $10 head whats your head worth lol.. never save $$$/skimp on riding gear get the best you can afford :thumbup:

Thanks for the welcomes. I just finished doing a weekend training course for my M2 and passed it. LearningCurves has some great instructors. Went from never having sat on a bike to being able to effectively shift gear without stalling the bike. (Most of the time! but that's my own impatience)

Welcome to GTAM.

Super excited. Just picked up an 04' Honda Shadow Aero 750cc. Runs great. Now I have to wait to transport it, get it certed and a couple touch ups then I'm good to go!

Great choice of bike and it's going to be one of the cheapest options you can get for insurance - cruiser and 750cc are very insurance friendly. :)

Still very capable though, you'll be able to maintain highway speeds no problem. I rode about 10,000K last year with a friend who was riding a 750 shadow at the time and we had all sorts of fun.

Great choice of bike and it's going to be one of the cheapest options you can get for insurance - cruiser and 750cc are very insurance friendly. :)

Still very capable though, you'll be able to maintain highway speeds no problem. I rode about 10,000K last year with a friend who was riding a 750 shadow at the time and we had all sorts of fun.

That's good to hear! I got really excited about buying a bike and completely disregarded insurance rates.

That's good to hear! I got really excited about buying a bike and completely disregarded insurance rates.

Not sure how old you are, but the cardinal rule for motorcycles is to absolutely positively call for insurance BEFORE buying a bike, but regardless, a 750 Shadow is going to be as reasonable as your age and experience will allow.

Super excited. Just picked up an 04' Honda Shadow Aero 750cc. Runs great. Now I have to wait to transport it, get it certed and a couple touch ups then I'm good to go!
Love my Shadow and even when I only had my m2 less than $1g a year, but I'm old?
Pics we love pics!

Really excited, but still looking for a bike within my price range and what I'd like it to be.

I've picked up some shoes, and a jacket and am planning a trip out to Royal Distributing to try on some helmets and gloves soon.

What kind of bike are you looking at

Not sure how old you are, but the cardinal rule for motorcycles is to absolutely positively call for insurance BEFORE buying a bike, but regardless, a 750 Shadow is going to be as reasonable as your age and experience will allow.

Yeah, it wasn't exactly the smartest decision. I knew that cruisers were typically cheaper and I'm prepared to bite the bullet for the next couple of years on insurance anyways.
Love my Shadow and even when I only had my m2 less than $1g a year, but I'm old
Pics we love pics!

I'll have some pics soon. Have to arrange picking it up.

What kind of bike are you looking at

Just bought a 2004 Shadow Aero 750 today

http://imgur.com/a/Irqzt here's a pic. I call it "omg I got a bike now" don't mind the sunburn I got from being in the sun at the safety course all last weekend.

Got it from an old rider that got sick and isn't strong enough to use the bike any longer. Very well maintained and the engine sounds great. Bit of cleaning needed, and it has a couple dings and scratches from when he dropped it.

Last edited:
It's purple! Totally @Joe Bass approved. Congrats and enjoy.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Welcome

Don't forget to take advantage of the gtam discount at mtohp

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...&share_tid=200189&share_fid=1934&share_type=t

Getting your Motorcycle License? Save $83.00 as a GTAM Member.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

It's purple! Totally @Joe Bass approved. Congrats and enjoy.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk
You know it!
I'm pretty sure I saw that one on Kijiji (or posted here maybe?) and iirc the price was right.

You know it!
I'm pretty sure I saw that one on Kijiji (or posted here maybe?) and iirc the price was right.

The price was pretty great. Listed at 2800 and I was able to talk him down a couple. Has some cosmetic damage that'll cost a couple hundred to repair, and some minor things that need to be cleaned up from having not been ridden much in the past year or two.

Yup. That's the one. Great buy imo. Congrats!

Back
Top Bottom