Whole leaf tobacco in Ontario | GTAMotorcycle.com

Whole leaf tobacco in Ontario

MadPoet

Hello all, does anyone know where I can buy whole leaf tobacco in Ontario.

I found two sites that seem to be a mirror for each other, and they ship from the USA. Shipping and customs cost is outrageous, twice as much as the product cost. I am looking for Canadian Virginia Flue.

The sites I found were
Leaf2smoke.ca and leafonly.com

Drive to six nations.

Its still farmed south near Tillsonburg , Haggersville, Simcoe. You could probably get a few leaves from a farmer when its ready to harvest , end of june, mid july.
I dont know if there are any legal implications for where a farmer sells it but a few leaves shouldn't matter.

You could try growing it yourself too. I grew a few plants several years ago and got big enough leaves to dry. Not sure what strain of plant is best for tobacco, I mainly grew them because they have fragrant flowers but they are called nicotinia.

Take a nice summer ride along Highway 3 out to Tillsonburg and beyond. There's lots of farmers with some of the world's best tobacco. They're not supposed to sell it, but if you ask I'm sure you'll get a bag full of fresh leaves. You'll see curing houses from the road too. If you're lucky you might find someone selling it cured. Tobacco farmers are dwindling in number because smoking tobacco is generally in decline.

Back
Top Bottom