Which one to go for - Touring or Sports Touring | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Which one to go for - Touring or Sports Touring

Demo days, or friends bikes. Test rides are hard to get otherwise.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Well I am relatively new here, Have very few friends and none of them are into riding :). I guess just have to buy the bike without test drive and later either regret it or love it :)

Find bike on Kijiji, have cash in hand for the amount being asked for, ask owner if you can test ride the bike, if yes, owner will ask for the cash, if bike comes back with no damage and you don't like it, get your cash back and move onto the next bike.

some owners will allow a test ride only if they have cash in hand, basically if anything happens you own the bike, now the responsibility is on you, not to drop it, crash it, steal it, and so on....

I have seen a 07 V strom a 06 Fz6, 2013 NC700 and 07 Shadow 750. But the problem is none of the owner allowed to test drive it even in front of their house. However the Owner of the Shadow was kind enough to allow me to ride on his street. It was definitely a very heavy bike and was difficult to maneuver I did a very wide U turn and still found it so difficult, so that is definitely no a bike for me at least for few years. If I go for cruiser style I might have to get a smaller bike. I honestly liked the V Strom, but still have to test drive it. hopefully some one will allow me to test drive it soon.

I went to Honda Powersport in Missisauga they also didn't allow a test drive. Any idea how I can test drive various bikes ?
The FZ6 is a high RPM motor, if you like instant torque you want something else.

I bought both my bikes with no test ride. Just did some research before going then had the owner ride it up and down the street through the gears to make sure it actually ran.

Yesterday I saw a 07 Shadow 750 Aero in white and all chrome. 2ndly it was so pristine I didn't want to buy and ruin its beauty because I don't have a proper place to store it. I will just have to park it out side in open along my basement door, with cover on it.

I
My Garage is small too. I had a tough time fitting in my motorcycle with my car parked inside. I bought a motorcycle dolly today from Princess Auto (it's on sale) and would be assembling it today or tomorrow. Really hoping that would help my parking situation.

I am paranoid about parking my motorcycle outside with the motorcycle theft problem in GTA.

Hope this helps you as well!

Find bike on Kijiji, have cash in hand for the amount being asked for, ask owner if you can test ride the bike, if yes, owner will ask for the cash, if bike comes back with no damage and you don't like it, get your cash back and move onto the next bike.

That makes sense next time I will apply this approach and will see if i can get a test ride

My Garage is small too. I had a tough time fitting in my motorcycle with my car parked inside. I bought a motorcycle dolly today from Princess Auto (it's on sale) and would be assembling it today or tomorrow. Really hoping that would help my parking situation..

Is it like a covered thing with Lock and key ? and how much it cost ?

Is it like a covered thing with Lock and key ? and how much it cost ?

https://www.princessauto.com/en/detail/1-500-lb-motorcycle-dolly/A-p8668097e

It's more like an assist to move your motorcycle around in tight spaces. Check out youtube for some videos to see if it might help you.

With this I plan to move my motorcycle and park it across the breadth of the garage- either in front of or behind my car. That way there should be space for both the motorcycle and car in my garage.

Finally got a CB500FR and my inaugural drive was to Bell Fountain. First impression is good, it looks like a very good bike for new or even experience riders. Acceleration and Handling was good, took it easily to 140 but the wind was too strong so slowed down and cruised at 80-100, the bike seemed to be in well control at this speed.

My Garage is small too. I had a tough time fitting in my motorcycle with my car parked inside. I bought a motorcycle dolly today from Princess Auto (it's on sale) and would be assembling it today or tomorrow. Really hoping that would help my parking situation.

I am paranoid about parking my motorcycle outside with the motorcycle theft problem in GTA.

Hope this helps you as well!
Do what I do; my car stays outside

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

Friends I am New rider in Canada, but have been riding in other countries since I was 12 yrs old, i.e. almost 25 yrs, though have been riding smaller CC motorcycles (100 to 200 cc) and in less speedy and a lot more stupid traffic.

Need your suggestion, Positives and Negatives for Sport touring Vs Touring,

Few of criteria/consideration behind my decision will be; (these are flexible)

- My use will be weekend rides or occasionally some short trips to Grocery shop. Mainly want to enjoy the country side on Motorcycle
- I am not a racing guy not looking the bike with Maximum top speed but I am all for Toque, love the fast acceleration.
- Max CC up to 750 as it will be easier to handle and bit cheaper on insurance
- Have Diabetics and Bit back problem so definitely need a comfortable riding position - A must
- This will be my first bike here, so want to keep my budget low. Max upto $4500
- Looking for something 2005 and upwards
- Preference is Japanese Brands

Really appreciate your help to decide if i should go for Sport Touring or Touring:

not sure you could find a true touring bike that is 750 or less, most will be cruisers, and are *****
my suggestion would be a Yamaha FZ6, upright seating position, is affordable to insure
can't beat the Yamaha reliability, it's a de-tuned R6 inline 4, mapped for everyday use,
brakes and handles quite well if you do want to get sporty, seriously regret selling mine

see you have bought a bike, disregard

Last edited:
Finally got a CB500FR and my inaugural drive was to Bell Fountain. First impression is good, it looks like a very good bike for new or even experience riders. Acceleration and Handling was good, took it easily to 140 but the wind was too strong so slowed down and cruised at 80-100, the bike seemed to be in well control at this speed.

Congratulations on your purchase.

I tour with a Goldwing but at 900 pounds plus it could be hard on the back if you had to wake it up from a nap. Goldwings never tip over. They take naps.

If I was to downsize the V Strom would be #1 on my list but your choice is also good.

Congratulations on your purchase.

If I was to downsize the V Strom would be #1 on my list but your choice is also good.

My First Choice was also V Strom. I test rode a 2009. but it was too tall form me and despite being 5'9' I was still Toe tipping on it and Due to weight didn't feel comfortable at stop signs and was very difficult to move the bike with feet. So ditched that idea and got a little smaller bike. May be next year will upgrade to V Strom. Glodwing is my Destination may be in few years :)

Back
Top Bottom