Solution to motorcycle thefts | GTAMotorcycle.com

Solution to motorcycle thefts

油井緋色

Site Supporter
No sir, we need to work smarter, not harder. Take for instance, the threat of global terrorism. Even a mighty MOAB or two isn't going to make it go away. So we need to channel that energy into a more productive kind of Jihad, Revolution or whatever. Here comes the famous Canadian Compromise:

1) Police investigate property crimes as they usually do and gather the identities of the thieves. No change in procedure = no labour union resistance.

2) Accidentally leak the documents to the various terror groups, labelling the thieves as infidels, counter-revolutionaries, etc. Slightly different keystrokes but the same software = no change in budgets.

3) Suggest that the hardest crimes to solve are stabbings/beheadings. We don't want random gunfire or shrapnel flying everywhere, right?

4) Wait for the heads to roll. A bit messy, sure, but a garden hose will clean up most of the mess handily. Plop the more solid stuff into the green bins and the raccoons get the rest. Reduce, reuse, recycle.

Given that in most of the thefts here the bike ends up on its side in a minivan--just mount a smoke bomb in the bike that goes off when the bike ignition is off and the bike finds itself on its side. Van fills with smoke (the nastier the better), problem solved.

Option 2, have a police force that does its job. Option 1 is easier.

Last edited:
I like both of your ideas.

and with our screwed up legal priorities...you would get charged with something for endangering the thieves in their van.....stolen van.

and with our screwed up legal priorities...you would get charged with something for endangering the thieves in their van.....stolen van.

UK apparently has the same problem but far worse. That's where the article is coming from.

This is what someone on reddit suggested:

No, kill most of them, but you always let one live so he can tell the others how you tortured and killed the others.
Personally I'm a fan of binding them up and tying a clothes iron to their chest. Just leaving it to burn its way deep, right into the solar plexus, what many people aren't aware of is signifact trauma to the nerve cluster in this area can make it impossible to breathe, imagine - there, burning, helpless and in the end you slowly suffocate.
I dare say they might not try it if they knew what could await them.

Pretty sure if anyone of us did that to a thief and made his friend watch, his friend would not be calling the cops after lol Though I don't know if I could stomach the above!

You can't make policy from such foolishness. After all, we already have competent torturers and murderers within the country and without. No need to engage daydreamers who are terrified of spiders.

No, kill most of them, but you always let one live so he can tell the others how you tortured and killed the others.
Personally I'm a fan of binding them up and tying a clothes iron to their chest. Just leaving it to burn its way deep, right into the solar plexus, what many people aren't aware of is signifact trauma to the nerve cluster in this area can make it impossible to breathe, imagine - there, burning, helpless and in the end you slowly suffocate.

a much harsher punishment would be to force them to watch reruns of "top gear"

Last edited:

a much harsher punishment would be to force them to watch reruns of "top gear"

US Top Gear:D

Either Top Gear.

Meh, ban motorcycles, cut the issue out at it's source.
I'm not in favour of killing or maiming someone for a thing.

Just start reporting that the bike was stolen at gun point, the police would start taking it very seriously then! (nothing scares thugs with guns, quite like other potential thugs with guns)

Just start reporting that the bike was stolen at gun point, the police would start taking it very seriously then! (nothing scares thugs with guns, quite like other potential thugs with guns)
Hahaha! This.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Why not just have tracks check ownership? Lets be honest here, most of the bikes that are stolen are SS's from underground parking garages. Those SS's then become track bikes. If you had to prove ownership of the bike before being allowed on track, it would make the theft less desirable. I'm sure some theft would still occur as bikes are shipped in parts, or parted out locally, but it would cost the public essentially nothing and would help at least a little bit. Take it a step further and have an undercover cop at the track checking vin's. Anything stolen and the person gets charged. Again, minimal cost to the taxpayer and a better use of cops time than sitting in their cars at road construction sites for reasons I have still yet to figure out.

And get in trouble for false reporting...

Why not just have tracks check ownership? Lets be honest here, most of the bikes that are stolen are SS's from underground parking garages. Those SS's then become track bikes. If you had to prove ownership of the bike before being allowed on track, it would make the theft less desirable. I'm sure some theft would still occur as bikes are shipped in parts, or parted out locally, but it would cost the public essentially nothing and would help at least a little bit. Take it a step further and have an undercover cop at the track checking vin's. Anything stolen and the person gets charged. Again, minimal cost to the taxpayer and a better use of cops time than sitting in their cars at road construction sites for reasons I have still yet to figure out.
Cops get paid "privately" for paid duty work(sitting at sites, etc.). Who is gonna compensate the track day organizers to do the checks of ownership? Public wouldn't care to pay a cop to sit around a track checking VINs.

Really? And who on earth will tell them otherwise?

Id rather lie to the cops and get my bike back, rather than have them file a report, forget about it, and go back to chuckin' doughnuts

Cops get paid "privately" for paid duty work(sitting at sites, etc.). Who is gonna compensate the track day organizers to do the checks of ownership? Public wouldn't care to pay a cop to sit around a track checking VINs.
Call it a sting operation and post all the stolen bikes in the newspapers. Public sees the utility of the cop, and thieves see their target market dwindle. I'm not saying there should be five cops at every track every day that motorcycles will be present, maybe one cop one or two days a year surprise attacking. The costs would be minimal relative to other blitz's they have and quite possibly more useful. In a time where optics are at historically low points, having them serve and protect rather than harass and annoy would be a win for them too.

random checks by the OPP would work to keep the stolen bike frames off the track, but don't think it's a priority for the OPP...

Im still all for saying my bike got stolen at gun point if it means these goddamn lazy cops do their jobs.

Policing in canada isnt exactly a tough job, one of the safest places on the planet.

lots of job security, a police union that prevents the police from being policed, and if you ever do somehow miraculously get prosecuted, you can expect to get light sentences at country club prisons. what a joke, i should have gone to police academy(or its equivalent)

Just remember, if you report it as stolen at gunpoint, they will also go looking for video evidence from all around and if they see the theft without a gun, yer screwed. That's what I'm saying about the false reporting. Crap bites ya back.

Just remember, if you report it as stolen at gunpoint, they will also go looking for video evidence from all around and if they see the theft without a gun, yer screwed. That's what I'm saying about the false reporting. Crap bites ya back.

Plenty of cops say they saw a weapon when there was none, a cell phone looks like a 12" machete at night apparently, unfortunately for a poor kid, its too late as they end up with 12 rounds from a standard issue glock at point blank range.

I have no problems lying if it means i get my bike back, in this case, the ends do justify the means.

Countless bikes have been stolen, and do get stolen in and around the GTA, how many get found?

Maybe I saw a gun, maybe I didnt, but if my bike gets stolen i dont really care as long as i get my bike back, and if that means the cops work more diligently to catch the thief(doing their job for once) i'm all for it.

Keep in mind, its not just the stunters/squids and those who ride without insurance that drive up ALL OUR RATES, its thieves as well.(and by all accounts motorcycle theft is rampant in the GTA, especially if you live in an apartment/condo)

What are they going to do? charge me for having poor vision? I'm the victim of theft.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom