SCORRA Midhurst Trail Ride - Sunday May 28th, 2017 | GTAMotorcycle.com

SCORRA Midhurst Trail Ride - Sunday May 28th, 2017

PurpleBeast

The Simcoe County Off Road Riders (SCORRA) are pleased to announce that the flyer and pre-registration for this year's Midhurst Trail Ride are now online.

This ride consists of an arrowed course of approximately 150 km, including marked shortcuts and lots of single track & trilliums! Lunch/Gas Trailer at approximately 75 km. A separate Dual Sport/Adventure Bike route, consisting of mainly back roads and two-track is being offered again this year.

Special Draw: If you pre-register before midnight, Sunday May 21st, you will be entered in a draw for a high-end KLIM helmet! Draw winner will be announced at the Riders Meeting.

Printable flyer: https://www.scorra.ca/documents/SCORRA_MidhurstTrailRide_2017_Flyer.pdf

Pre-registration: https://www.scorra.ca/MTR2017_Preregistration.html

Come experience the trilliums on Simcoe County’s best trails on Sunday, May 28th!

Awesome! Thanks for the heads up and welcome to the forum.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Thanks for sharing

Any mandatory required gear for either bike or rider?

Just recently got a dual sport and don't have a skid plate or any other protection on the bike

Lacking some off road gear as well

And typically how long does the ride last?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I did this ride last year - it is awesome! It's an all-day ride 9am-4pm approx, depending how much single track you do and how fast you ride in there. After the first 40km of ST On my DR650 I was exhausted and did the easier route to the lunch spot then a couple of other ST sections in the afternoon, not all.

I don't believe they mandate any gear other than you need to be street legal (blue plate). They will do a sound check at the start.

If you do want to ride the single track, a skid plate would be useful because there are lots of stumps in some of the ST sections and maybe a log or two to get over. Good boots are needful and I'd strongly suggest all the other MX gear in the single track in case you veer off into a tree (saw someone do that in Bethany 2 wks ago)

You will be able to hook-up with other newbies and most likely have an experienced guide - they're a good bunch...

I did this ride last year - it is awesome! It's an all-day ride 9am-4pm approx, depending how much single track you do and how fast you ride in there. After the first 40km of ST On my DR650 I was exhausted and did the easier route to the lunch spot then a couple of other ST sections in the afternoon, not all.

I don't believe they mandate any gear other than you need to be street legal (blue plate). They will do a sound check at the start.

If you do want to ride the single track, a skid plate would be useful because there are lots of stumps in some of the ST sections and maybe a log or two to get over. Good boots are needful and I'd strongly suggest all the other MX gear in the single track in case you veer off into a tree (saw someone do that in Bethany 2 wks ago)

You will be able to hook-up with other newbies and most likely have an experienced guide - they're a good bunch...
Thanks for the info

I have boots helmet and googles

Lacking any off road armor and no skid plate either

Will try to get one soon

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

The Simcoe County Off Road Riders (SCORRA) are pleased to announce that the flyer and pre-registration for this year's Midhurst Trail Ride are now online.

if you have an OFTR membership, do you still have to pay the entrance fee

Back
Top Bottom