Turban instead of helmet!? | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Turban instead of helmet!?

I would. "How about editing your article to be factually accurate ... or at least, take out the parts that are factually not accurate?"

I would. "How about editing your article to be factually accurate ... or at least, take out the parts that are factually not accurate?"

Or put the stupid bits in quotes with an attribution name for such.

Agree with the above, but maybe let her reach her own conclusion by pointing out that the caption reads as though she personally is comparing the protection of a turban to a helmet favourably.

Until the much maligned turban is DOT and Snell tested a lot of people are passing opinions as fact. Or so it appears.

for a snell test my understanding is they drop it x feet onto a spike and see if it punctures, the turban might pass...........

Again, I cannot find any reason (nothing in the religion via my searches) why they can not tie it tighter on the top (there are different ways to tie it) and wear a large (or XL) DOT brain bucket over it with a chin strap of course. Same for a hard hat.

Maybe a Sikh here can point out why not (religion wise), I may have missed something. If not there is a money making opportunity here... I know it does not fit their agenda or the white fright outrage agenda to propose another solution but if the helmet fits...

A few rounds ago a Sikh rider spoke to this issue. He said that the religion does not mandate the gargantuan wraps in question. They can wear something akin to a head sock, no offence intended, I do not have the correct nomenclature handy. Even a regular lid would fit and guess what no helmet head.

A few rounds ago a Sikh rider spoke to this issue. He said that the religion does not mandate the gargantuan wraps in question. They can wear something akin to a head sock, no offence intended, I do not have the correct nomenclature handy. Even a regular lid would fit and guess what no helmet head.

call it a micro-turban???
#microturban

call it a micro-turban???
#microturban

lololololo Sikhs gotta luv em, you know they're not gonna terrorize the community-at-large for having a couple chuckles at their expense unlike you know who amirite.

lololololo Sikhs gotta luv em, you know they're not gonna terrorize the community-at-large for having a couple chuckles at their expense unlike you know who amirite.

uhm...I was being serious, lol
If what you said the Sikh guy told you then why not simply wear a silk or super thin turban then they can ride a bike with a DOT approved helmet while abiding by their religious "requirements".

I guess people don't want sensible solutions...1 direction train that is somehow other ppl's problems.

uhm...I was being serious, lol
If what you said the Sikh guy told you then why not simply wear a silk or super thin turban then they can ride a bike with a DOT approved helmet while abiding by their religious "requirements".

I guess people don't want sensible solutions...1 direction train that is somehow other ppl's problems.

Sensible is one thing stylish pride is another. If you proudly sported one of these cranial wraparounds you too might want it in full view of an admiring public. Donning anything hidden by a helmet defeats that purpose.

Sensible is one thing stylish pride is another. If you proudly sported one of these cranial wraparounds you too might want it in full view of an admiring public. Donning anything hidden by a helmet defeats that purpose.

caskets seems to be the great pride and fashion equalizer

Evel Knievel wore a goddamn helmet. Let them injure themselves, or worse, in the name of their beliefs if they want to.

Jeebus wants me to take care of my brain.

That's all I'm gonna say.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
^ Totally agree IF the costs to society (healthcare) didn't fall back on me and you.

Back
Top Bottom