Rolling stop... on a bicycle | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Rolling stop... on a bicycle

Charges withdrawn. Thanks for the absolute support GTAM.

So, are you going to do it again anytime soon?

teletubbies_again.jpg

I actually changed my riding habits a bit following a few gtam threads. I never interfered with traffic, but now I dont do stuff that might piss off drivers even though it does not affect them. I don't want some crusty ******* running someone over.

did not know you can get a traffic ticket while riding a bicycle been such a long time since I rode one...late 90's highschool. So I guess now you can't ride bicycle on the sidewalk either? what about little kids ... so you get a ticket if you're old enough weird! good thing you fought it. what a waste of time though

did not know you can get a traffic ticket while riding a bicycle been such a long time since I rode one...late 90's highschool. So I guess now you can't ride bicycle on the sidewalk either? what about little kids ... so you get a ticket if you're old enough weird! good thing you fought it. what a waste of time though

You haven't been able to ride a bicycle on the sidewalk, in Toronto, since I was a kid ('70s). Unless you actually are a kid, that is. It's a $65.00 fine in Toronto to ride on the sidewalk, under the bylaws. Under the HTA it's a $85.00 fine to ride one in a crosswalk.

TORONTO MUNICIPAL CODE
CHAPTER 950, TRAFFIC AND PARKING

B. No person shall leave a bicycle on a highway except in such a manner as to cause the least possible obstruction to pedestrian or vehicular traffic. [Amended 2013-07-19 by By-law 1086-2013]

C. (1) For the purposes of § 950-201C(2), BICYCLE shall be defined as including a bicycle, tricycle, unicycle, and a power-assisted bicycle which weighs less than 40 kilograms and requires pedalling for propulsion ("pedelec"), or other similar vehicle, but does not include any vehicle or bicycle capable of being propelled or driven solely by any power other than muscular power. [Amended 2014-02-20 by By-law 122-2014]

(2) No person age 14 and older shall ride a bicycle on a sidewalk of any highway, except for those locations designated in § 886-6 of Chapter 886, Footpaths, Pedestrian Ways, Bicycle Paths, Bicycle Lanes and Cycle Tracks. [Amended 2014-02-20 by By-law 122-2014]

Back
Top Bottom