New computer first world problems | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

New computer first world problems

New issue, I'm hoping it is now resolved. I'd be playing a game (Path of Exile), and I'd suddenly lose control of the mouse, get a bump on my latency, and hear a sound like a device being unplugged, just for a second, and then control would come back. I've moved the mouse to a new port on the back where it might have less strain on the cord, and manually set the monitor to use the Display Port. If that doesn't work, I'll try a different mouse.

New issue, I'm hoping it is now resolved. I'd be playing a game (Path of Exile), and I'd suddenly lose control of the mouse, get a bump on my latency, and hear a sound like a device being unplugged, just for a second, and then control would come back. I've moved the mouse to a new port on the back where it might have less strain on the cord, and manually set the monitor to use the Display Port. If that doesn't work, I'll try a different mouse.

Sounds like port or software issue, if it persists reinstall the drivers.

Probably the mouse. If the display driver dropped you would have lost picture on the monitor.

Probably the mouse. If the display driver dropped you would have lost picture on the monitor.

Yeah, swapped it for one of the kids' mice, to see, and he said he needed a new mouse a while later.

We do that at work too. Swap out bad hardware when nobody's looking

I had a monitor fail at a large company I used to work for. I went down to get a new one from the IT department and the guy gave me the monitor off his computer. They didn't keep any spares in stock. Ridiculous. That facility is now closed and I think they are mostly out of Canada.

Been well over a year now. I am just in the last week learning what intermittent coil whine is.

I'm going to try going in, cleaning and snugging everything up.
The filters are pretty good at keeping the large dust particles out, but there is now a fine layer of dust on most things.

Don't know if anyone is excited about this but....

Geforce 2080 Ti is dropping next week. I won't be getting it on launch due to inflated prices but I will eventually.

油井緋色;2589451 said:
Don't know if anyone is excited about this but.... Geforce 2080 Ti is dropping next week. I won't be getting it on launch due to inflated prices but I will eventually.
Shouldn't that be the 1180, or are they that deeply in bed with Microsoft?

油井緋色;2589451 said:
Don't know if anyone is excited about this but....

Geforce 2080 Ti is dropping next week. I won't be getting it on launch due to inflated prices but I will eventually.

I'm excited for it, just not $1500 excited for it though.

My current rig is coming up on 5 years old, but still runs everything I need it to do just fine. I want to jump from 3 monitors to VR soon for my racing sim, and this card will probably be the one to get.

I'm excited for it, just not $1500 excited for it though.

My current rig is coming up on 5 years old, but still runs everything I need it to do just fine. I want to jump from 3 monitors to VR soon for my racing sim, and this card will probably be the one to get.

https://www.newegg.ca/Product/Produ...00&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=PPSSRTFWLULJGP

Slightly more expensive than that lmao

Nvidia is actually selling the Founders for more than the MSRP which is ****ing stupid. But this is what happens when AMD can't get their **** together and Intel isn't in the game (yet.) But if you're going VR, 4k, or 3440x1440....only choices are 1080 Ti or higher =(

Ouch. I just picked up a 1070ti as an old card died and that seemed to be the value sweet spot now. I was planning on 1060, but the price jump was much smaller than the performance jump. Realistically it just buys me more useful years as the extra performance doesn't do much for me right now.

EDIT:
Card just showed up and it is the advanced binned version. :) We'll see how that plays out with OC.

Last edited:
Miners are dumping their 1080ti's right now. Might be a good time to get one.

Last edited:
Woohoo, I got a happy card.
1070 ti w 5 minutes work on OC @ +205, +748, Unigine Heaven Extreme 1080p 2775. Temp never goes above 60C

Woohoo, I got a happy card.
1070 ti w 5 minutes work on OC @ +205, +748, Unigine Heaven Extreme 1080p 2775. Temp never goes above 60C

Congrats.

I said **** you the 2080 Ti and bought a Switch + bunch of games instead lol

So happy i ditched the PC Gaming, i don't miss upgrading.

I built a fairly expensive computer in late 2013. It was like $2500-3000 at the time (i7 3770, gtx780), but it's been solid ever since. I can run all my racing games for the simulator on my triple monitors at 5760x1080 and keep around 75fps no problem.

I keep thinking about upgrading but haven't really needed to. I want to switch to all SSD storage so I might use that as an excuse to build another.

Back
Top Bottom