BIG jacket needed - suggestions? | GTAMotorcycle.com

BIG jacket needed - suggestions?

HespelerGuy

Site Supporter
I'm looking for a big and stocky jacket. Preferably 3 seasons if possible. Hi-visibility would be awesome.

I'm 6'1 and 325 lbs. I've been trying on jackets and can't find one to fit. I'm usually about a 4XL in mens shirts and jackets. But the 3 and 4 XLS that I do find are way too small on the waist. Motorbike jacket sizes are wierd.

Does anyone have a recommendation of a specific jacket that you have? I'm at a loss!

I've tried Royal Distributers without much luck.

Cheers, Rick

I'm looking for a big and stocky jacket. Preferably 3 seasons if possible. Hi-visibility would be awesome.

I'm 6'1 and 325 lbs. I've been trying on jackets and can't find one to fit. I'm usually about a 4XL in mens shirts and jackets. But the 3 and 4 XLS that I do find are way too small on the waist. Motorbike jacket sizes are wierd.

Does anyone have a recommendation of a specific jacket that you have? I'm at a loss!

I've tried Royal Distributers without much luck.

Cheers, Rick

I am about the same size, I have a Klim badlands pro jacket. Not a cheap jacket by any means but a great quality jacket with goretex. Breaths well with the vents open and is completely waterproof with them all sealed up. Pretty sure it is 3XL, do not have it with me today at work to double check
https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/klim-badlands-jacket

I actually can squeeze into a xxl Joe Rocket jacket. I found that odd, as almost everything from them I have found to fit on the smaller side.
Just saw a posting on here, Katatonic maybe, with a 3 season Tourmaster for sale in xxl. Not sure if that will be big enough, but look at the pics. The way that jacket is cut, it looks like it may be what you are looking for.
When I can, I will check the model of my jacket for you.

Sent from my purple GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Come by and try on my Scott. I wear about the same size shirts. I'm in Mississauga.

Scott Distinct Pro

2337430001_65103_tif_zoom_1.jpg

Definitely 3 season tho above 30 gets hot to wear and IS fully waterproof.

You can get the larger sizes out of Europe and they come quickly -

Not cheap but likely a 10 year jacket for most.

•••

Actually I have a Dri-rider Highlander jacket that might fit you well. They are out of Australia and nice feature set. Price will be right too - bought it on a whim there and never really used it at all.

100_3984.jpg

All my hardcore buds there like them.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. Really appreciate the feedback. I tried on two different 3XLs at Royal Distributing here in Ontario. Both were too small.

I wonder about construction jackets. They're high viz - just would need to see if they're tough enough.

Cheers, Rick

@HespelerGuy if you make it over this way, I would definitely take @macdoc up on his offer. Even if you don't pick up that jacket, I'm sure he's got more than a few that you could at least try on to narrow your search.
And based on what he said, that makes sense about the JR jackets, mine is a bit older too.

Sent from my purple GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Thanks guys. Really appreciate the feedback. I tried on two different 3XLs at Royal Distributing here in Ontario. Both were too small.

I wonder about construction jackets. They're high viz - just would need to see if they're tough enough.

Cheers, Rick

I've never seen a construction jacket that I would trust in a crash. Hell, many textile bike jackets don't hold up well in a crash. I'd stay focused on finding a jacket designed for the fall unless you get to the point that none fit your body shape.

At your size it might be worth it to get one custom made. Bristol Leathers in Montreal used to have a taylor who custom made jackets. There are probably a few others around. Pricey, but once it's done it's done for a long time, and you get the exact fit you need.

Just a friendly suggestion...dropping a few pounds gives you more options and better bike performance.:cool:

Apex on Preston Parkway in Cambridge is a great shop an local to you - they had quite a bit of Klim gear last time I was in there. There is also a place on King st called Kehler's western wear that reportedly has some MC jackets - although I have never been in there.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom