Looking for Temporary Insurance | GTAMotorcycle.com

Looking for Temporary Insurance

Hi All,

Do any of you guys know any temporary insurance maybe a week or a month just so I can transfer ownership and get the plate?I bought a new bike I got it certified and I'm currently looking for an insurance company. I Called TD and they need me to wait 3-4 weeks to complete a process where I sign a form and mail it to them. The problem is the certify expires very close to that date and I'm afraid I might miss out on a good deal from TD as other people had told me that they gave cheap insurance.

Thanks,

Hi All,

Do any of you guys know any temporary insurance maybe a week or a month just so I can transfer ownership and get the plate?I bought a new bike I got it certified and I'm currently looking for an insurance company. I Called TD and they need me to wait 3-4 weeks to complete a process where I sign a form and mail it to them. The problem is the certify expires very close to that date and I'm afraid I might miss out on a good deal from TD as other people had told me that they gave cheap insurance.

Thanks,

You can transfer the bike into your name as fit and unplated now. Get insurance and plates later.

You can get insurance and once you don't need it you can cancel it. Most companies will not charge you cancellation fee if you tell them you have sold the bike.

Hope this helps

You can transfer the bike into your name as fit and unplated now. Get insurance and plates later.

This - go get the new ownership but just leave it as unplated. You don't need an insurance slip to do this as, well...unplated. Do it before the safety expires, obviously, but once it's registered as "FIT", it stays that way as long as you own it.

When you get the insurance, go back to the Service Ontario with the insurance slip and get it plated, done deal.

I did not know that you can register as fit and unplated. Wow. You do learn stuff everyday!

Sent from my purple GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

I did not know that you can register as fit and unplated. Wow. You do learn stuff everyday!

Sent from my purple GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Yep, if you have ownership, you can transfer to your name, but without insurance and safety it wont be plated.

For that you need to get safety and insurance.

Back
Top Bottom