Used CBR, $2600, is that a decent deal? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Used CBR, $2600, is that a decent deal?

I sold my 250 with 24000km to a buddy for $2200....wasn't that far off from what they were going for online. When they first came out they were a few hundred lower than brand new so I bought new. Now...dime a dozen and you can definitely get something closer to 2000km.

Check outside the GTA....the map has this magical boundary where motorcycles go UP in price the more used they are....magic...

Edit: Also, we got the UVIP, and it appears the bike was sold 3-4 times within the span of a few months, and the previous owner was an insurance company, so I think y'all were right about it being wrecked.

Yeah, there's enough red flags there to make me think something is up.

Good decision walking away.

The mirrors are supposed to mount on the fairing, now they appear to be mounted on the bars.

maybe it's from a riding school, don't they strip everything from them?

it looks like someone is trying to make a fast buck.

Too many other good used bikes out there in that CC range. Walk away from this one.

MANY more will pop up for sale once the weather turns, and stays nice for the spring / summer...

I just sold one for 2k cash, it was all stock, no damage, 7400km on it. 2500 for that beast in the OP is overpriced. If you wait a few weeks you will find lots of deals, theres a lot of people trying to buy bikes now because the weathers getting nicer, in a few weeks these 250s will go back to not moving and the sellers will get more desperate.

Even with just looking at the pictures and the price I wouldn't even gave it more than a few seconds of thoughts.

POS bike where the seller thinks it's worth as much as not a pos one on kijiji. Priced about $2k over it's condition. IMO

Even with just looking at the pictures and the price I wouldn't even gave it more than a few seconds of thoughts.

POS bike where the seller thinks it's worth as much as not a pos one on kijiji. Priced about $2k over it's condition. IMO
I think you're over valuing it by about $599

Sent from my purple GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Run far away from that piece of junk. FAR FAR away

The three posted above (posts 28-30) are how these are supposed to look. Note the turn signals that exist, the mirrors bolted to the fairing (not saying they can't be mounted elsewhere, but that's the way the stock mirrors were on this bike), the chain guard that exists, and the absence of aftermarket paint in questionable taste. Also these bikes stock have grab rails behind the seat which were missing in the one in the original post - that's what the big hole on each side between the seat and the bodywork is for.

A poor-quality paint job, or one with colours in poor taste, is a quick way to destroy resale value.

The bike in the original post is worth what its parts can be sold for minus the labour and costs and aggravation involved in parting it out minus what it would cost to repaint some of those parts ... in other words, not much.

Back
Top Bottom