Touring bits....Thumb Dogs and other cool stuff | GTAMotorcycle.com

Touring bits....Thumb Dogs and other cool stuff

MacDoc

Site Supporter
Add any other bits you find good gloves, boots, jackets...whatever ..

http://thumbdogs.com

TD_Glove_Smartphone_A1pt.png

nicely made ...work the charm. I just use one on the left hand index finger.secure and thought out.

Kind of funny that on the website they show a Zumo 660 which is already touch friendly with any old glove, no need for anything special to work.

Fingertips for your gloves? Totally digital, man. One step away from the open road and another towards the open app. Sloshing around in a VR pod might be easier on the ecosystem though.

Fingertips for your gloves? Totally digital, man. One step away from the open road and another towards the open app. Sloshing around in a VR pod might be easier on the ecosystem though.

Not sure what you are talking about. Some people use cell phones as their nav units and it is nice to be able to use the device with your gloves on rather then taking them off every time.

Not sure what you are talking about. Some people use cell phones as their nav units and it is nice to be able to use the device with your gloves on rather then taking them off every time.

I know, the internet makes everything sound like an accusation. I couldn't fix a carburetor by the side of the road or hope to change an inner tube if my wheels were spoked. Gadgeteering isn't my cup of tea either; it makes me anxious about which camp I belong to. There doesn't seem to be any middle ground for the awkward fat kids who just want to enjoy the temporary refuge of slow, affordable riding. Metaphorically, I mean. Lanesplitting between bikes sounds pretty hazardous if you're not a vlogger.

nd then some of us old foags travel with out either a phone or a GPS so we can just keep our gloves on and ride.
A

Not sure if this counts as "touring bits" but how about laser eye surgery? I had a light prescription but it's bad enough for me to have to wear glasses while riding/driving. Glasses makes the pinlock on my helmet completely useless as even though the visor didn't fog, my glasses did.

I had no idea how cheap Lasik is these days until a co-worker got it done told me about it. To give you a bit of an idea, my prescription was 1.25 and 1.50. My price was $490 per eye. I opted for a 5 year warranty at an additional $500 for an all in price of $1530 (including the eye drops & no taxes are applicable). I got my eyes done this past weekend and I'm looking forward to my first ride without glasses.

Putting it out there in case there are people still think laser eye surgery is expensive.

edit: oh and ROK straps. Everyone should have these handy.

Not sure if this counts as "touring bits" but how about laser eye surgery? I had a light prescription but it's bad enough for me to have to wear glasses while riding/driving. Glasses makes the pinlock on my helmet completely useless as even though the visor didn't fog, my glasses did.

I had no idea how cheap Lasik is these days until a co-worker got it done told me about it. To give you a bit of an idea, my prescription was 1.25 and 1.50. My price was $490 per eye. I opted for a 5 year warranty at an additional $500 for an all in price of $1530 (including the eye drops & no taxes are applicable). I got my eyes done this past weekend and I'm looking forward to my first ride without glasses.

Putting it out there in case there are people still think laser eye surgery is expensive.

edit: oh and ROK straps. Everyone should have these handy.

You have to have some of this surgery repeated don't you after a period of time?

Usually it's easy enough to figure out.

Worn glasses my entire riding career, usually not a problem even in winter.

For backroads I use my gps. I bought a backroads map and have it overlayed on the street map. I can see forest and cottage roads and terrain (shows swamp, and contours etc). For city driving I just use the phone mostly. One of the great things about the backroads maps are using it to explore while you're riding...going down a paved country road and seeing a trail that leads to a lake for example.

You have to have some of this surgery repeated don't you after a period of time?

I was told that there is a 5% chance that my eyes would need another surgery in the future but it is different for everyone. My prescription has not changed in the past 10-15 years.

While glasses and riding don't pose any real issue, the freedom of not having to clean my glasses, worry about them with my putting on/off helmet is what I'm looking forward to the most.

I was told that there is a 5% chance that my eyes would need another surgery in the future but it is different for everyone. My prescription has not changed in the past 10-15 years.

While glasses and riding don't pose any real issue, the freedom of not having to clean my glasses, worry about them with my putting on/off helmet is what I'm looking forward to the most.

My brother had this done and loves it. He said it was one of the best things he ever did. I would do it myself but it is not recommended for people with Type 1 diabetes so I will live with my glasses.

Where old foags end up with no nav :D

photo-11-225x300.jpg
actually we end up finding neat things & places we would not have found otherwise. Some times getting lost is a blessing.

Back
Top Bottom