Who rides too seldom due to fear of traffic ? | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Who rides too seldom due to fear of traffic ?

Guys

I am somewhat fearful of traffic and being hit, thus I go out only Sunday mornings and some evenings, and mostly around Etobicoke.
I know this doesn't help in gaining experience and becoming a better rider, however there isn't much fun riding in traffic, and of course the likelihood of a collision is higher.

Anyone else follow a similar riding pattern ?

Oh and I am a noob, just got my bike end of last year.

On a separate note, any other noobs around Etobicoke looking for someone to ride with?

here's a tip. Instead of booting around Etobicoke, head out to the back roads in the country. The roads are less bumpy then the city , less traffic, no taxi's, and much more enjoyable. Head to a destination like Port Perry, or visit the Big Chute. Tons of good and decent roads outside the built up GTA area.

Go to google maps, pick a destination, and then plot a route to take.. Makes for a much more enjoyable day out.

I ride in all weather conditions (Except - snow) more or less most days unless it's expected to rain for the ENTIRE day.

I ride with the expectation and understanding that if a car cuts me off, then I am mentally prepared for the outcome regardless of having braked hard or not hard enough. Some things are just unavoidable.

You can't go out riding a motorcycle expecting NOTHINg will come out at you.

For instance. I was waiting to make a left turn in the early mornings of downtown toronto (7:40am). Fully stopped.. I was the one waiting for amber to turn to red. I'm getting ready to release the clutch + gas.. and i'm already halfway out turning left and then I stop in the middle of the road.

Why?

Because the car in the right most lane ( a family caravan) that was travelling from a WAYS off behind all the other stopped cars in the left lane doesn't stop for the red light and has continued to cross. It was interesting because other cars were honking for him to stop but he didn't notice and kept going through the intersection.

I believe he literally didn't know the light was red because the way he looked driving was the "morning blues" look of dreading another full work day and was drained. THAT or the sun was in his eyes.

Regardless, these types of moments, you can't prepare for. You can only do what you know best.. and that is...

expect all circumstances on the road + accept them. No one will drive perfectly in Toronto.

Fear of traffic doesn't greatly affect when or where I ride. I rarely go to Toronto because it's just too darn crowded. I also avoid roads where traffic is heavy because it annoys me. This year I had one guy drift into my lane from the opposing direction. Quite scary, but I'm often prepared for those situations. I had a jerk deliberately crowd into my lane on 410, so I moved over and got away from him. Later he came by me, got in front and started washing his windows. Some people just do that because they know it bothers bikers. I don't let it bother me. 30 years ago I might have waited until the guy parked his car and put a dent in it. I just go with what happens now. You can't enjoy life if you always worry.

Your not the only one. I avoid rush hour times..so many bad drivers speeding trying to rush home. I like peaceful riding usually after 7pm weekdays or anytime over the weekends.

Pick a route before heading out there. You can check GPS or Waze for traffic or accidents etc .

I had a jerk deliberately crowd into my lane on 410, so I moved over and got away from him. Later he came by me, got in front and started washing his windows. Some people just do that because they know it bothers bikers. I don't let it bother me. 30 years ago I might have waited until the guy parked his car and put a dent in it. I just go with what happens now. You can't enjoy life if you always worry.

What?

Windshield washer fluid. It sprays up over the car and hits the biker behind.

In situations like that, i think its warranted to pull over to the right of them(so your right hand is still on the throttle), downshift, pull out a hammer and smash rearview mirror as you warp speed ahead of them

In situations like that, i think its warranted to pull over to the right of them(so your right hand is still on the throttle), downshift, pull out a hammer and smash rearview mirror as you warp speed ahead of them

Then when the cops come you get nailed with an indictable offense.

Then when the cops come you get nailed with an indictable offense.
They cant even find stolen bikes, you think they'll find myn? ?

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom