Im sure you guys know but holy mother.... | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Im sure you guys know but holy mother....

I'm with Aviva through Dalton Timmis, 29 with M2, new cbr300 with full coverage and 1 ticket was 1700 for first year, got my renewal a few weeks ago and down to just over 1100 this year. Hoping to pay the bike off soon and switch to more basic coverage. My SS quotes are still in the 4k+ range. Try Aviva

The area where you live also pays a huge factor. So those posting low rates vs the higher rates you are seeing could just be a matter of where they reside. It's ******** for the insurance companies to use location as a factor but its the reality.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

It's ******** for the insurance companies to use location as a factor but its the reality.

Why? If you live in an area with statistically lower or higher claim rates, why shouldn't that be included in the calculation? Why should the Kingston drivers subsidize the driving suck that is Brampton?

Hmm, it seems the filter is working again. Except when you quote a post you see the unfiltered post.

Try allstate. $648 for a CBR1KRR in waterloo, comp/liability, although you'll need a good driving record and have everything with them, >30.

Really! Amazing. Im in Cambridge, I need to check on my 929 and RC51 now as the Grom was fun last summer but i'm missing riding a real bike lol

Why? If you live in an area with statistically lower or higher claim rates, why shouldn't that be included in the calculation? Why should the Kingston drivers subsidize the driving suck that is Brampton?

Hmm, it seems the filter is working again. Except when you quote a post you see the unfiltered post.
Because why shouldn't a driver with a clean abstract living within the GTA have a different rate then someone outside the GTA with all variables being equally. Punish the drivers with the poor driving records and treat the ones with clean records equally.

If i had to sum it up as why it's like this: WYNNE

Ontario is OWNED by Insurance companies. it is what it is. same reason why it doesn't make sense to pay liability insurance on every vehicle, rather it should just be on driver's license instead. so you'd pay only liability for the most expensive vehicle coverage.

but we are all OWNED by insurance, we are their slaves. it's a monopoly. no different than cell phone and cable tv.

The only ppl who are can make a difference are elected and just look at current elected leaders... exactly. we're ****ed.

it's either move away or deal with it. unless some decent person gets elected who revolutionizes the system with LOGIC... i'm a dreamer.

Because why shouldn't a driver with a clean abstract living within the GTA have a different rate then someone outside the GTA with all variables being equally. Punish the drivers with the poor driving records and treat the ones with clean records equally.

Because you are much more likely to get hit through entirely no fault of your own if you choose to live somewhere where you are surrounded by bad drivers.

I see ur point and get what u r saying but i disagree lol. A lot of people where i work come from outside the gta over here and put twice as many kms on their vehicle just going to and from work but they still pay lesser amounts although they drive everyday in area surrounded by bad drivers. We can agree to disagree on this...i get both sides

I've been shopping for a policy for a super sport and I'm getting all kinds of ridiculous numbers. FWIW I'm early 30's, riding for 3.5 years and still on my M2 (hoping to change that soon). Anyway here's what I've been quoted or an early 2000's GSXR750:

Allstate: $870 - But apparently I'm not eligible because I don't have 10 years of insurance history (one short)
TD/Meloche: $1350
Statefarm: $3727
Kanetix: $3776

The CBR929 was higher on all accounts as well.

I've been shopping for a policy for a super sport and I'm getting all kinds of ridiculous numbers. FWIW I'm early 30's, riding for 3.5 years and still on my M2 (hoping to change that soon). Anyway here's what I've been quoted or an early 2000's GSXR750:

Allstate: $870 - But apparently I'm not eligible because I don't have 10 years of insurance history (one short)
TD/Meloche: $1350
Statefarm: $3727
Kanetix: $3776

The CBR929 was higher on all accounts as well.

That will change once you have the full M. Get it asap

Im assuming for TD/meloche you had to belong to some sort of professional organisation or an alumni of some sort?

That will change once you have the full M. Get it asap

Im assuming for TD/meloche you had to belong to some sort of professional organisation or an alumni of some sort?

Yeah it was a college alumni deal for Meloche Monnex. And thanks for reminding me, meant to contact the MTO today.

Just bit the bullet on this years insurance. 2013 CBR250R ABS. 23, Took a year off between May 2016-17. Three minor tickets in 2014, M2, safety cert. So there goes the full price of the bike in one season. My only consolation is that all three tickets will drop off in September, so next years won't be such a rip off.

They don't care how much experience you have or what kind of bike you ride. It's a cartel. They can charge what they want.

OP .... your record and location will matter most. Your location will hammer you, even if you are over 25 with previously clean record. Plus they will start you off with less experience, since you have a gap in terms.

You didn't pick a good time to come back, and to ride SS.

Good luck.

Well I ended up getting approved for the $870 quote on the GSXR750 so I went ahead and put the deposit down. If anyone wants the name of the agent that helped me out on this one, I'll gladly pass it along. They're based in Cambridge, fyi.

Well I ended up getting approved for the $870 quote on the GSXR750 so I went ahead and put the deposit down. If anyone wants the name of the agent that helped me out on this one, I'll gladly pass it along. They're based in Cambridge, fyi.

Hope you got it in writing, and a backup quote incase he catfishes and you cant sue.

I hope an email will suffice. I do have another quote that's higher but still within reason, but yeah this could all go south.
Yeah email is good, and a backup quote is even better

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom