Can you drive with a side mount tailgate open? | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Can you drive with a side mount tailgate open?

Holy crap, an Inreb endorsement? I'm up in Joe Bass territory now lol.

Either that, or it was just trolled and it went completely over my head.

Either is possible, wouldn't be the first time. ;)

No troll, still high from big happy family gathering yesterday. I love everybody today. Unfortunately this is a time sensitive matter. Enjoy!

Uitimatelt its l33t's decision, but just putting the info out there for otheres reading and consideration, but I do respect the fact he clearly understands it all and will make his own decision accordingly.

FWIW on the Magnum, for example, it's about a 2L/100KM difference. Over 20,000k per year that's an extra 400L of gas every year. Not exactly a token amount.

Oh I know, which is why i was suggesting he take your post for what it was. No hate.

Anyway, 400L is a big number. So is 365. We're talking max $500 over a 12 month span. I've dropped that on dinner and drinks for the fam. In fact, that's about half of what a good set of snows and rims would set me back. It really is relatively insignificant, all things considered. Even by the most generous math that's like $1.40 a day... like I said, coffee...

All wheel drive + manual transmission + non-zero towing capacity is becoming a rarity. But I found another one that you can buy new.

The new (2017-on) Jeep Compass - which is vastly improved over the old Compass.

2000 lb towing capacity, manual transmission available (including 4x4 models) - only on the two lower trim levels, though. 4-cylinder engine only in this vehicle. If you want V6 power you have to step up to the Cherokee and those are automatic only.

https://www.jeep.ca/en/suvcompass/overview

(And the hatch opens upward ...)

Anyway, 400L is a big number. So is 365. We're talking max $500 over a 12 month span. I've dropped that on dinner and drinks for the fam. In fact, that's about half of what a good set of snows and rims would set me back. It really is relatively insignificant, all things considered. Even by the most generous math that's like $1.40 a day... like I said, coffee...

Often these numbers look large, because they are bigger than 1 or 10 ..... but I agree, in a scope of other regulars, it's really not significant. Not trying to sound snob, but we are on a motorcycle forum and discussing cars, so nobody here sleeps under a bridge and relies on McD leftovers where 500$ a year is a significant sum of money per year.

Often these numbers look large, because they are bigger than 1 or 10 ..... but I agree, in a scope of other regulars, it's really not significant. Not trying to sound snob, but we are on a motorcycle forum and discussing cars, so nobody here sleeps under a bridge and relies on McD leftovers where 500$ a year is a significant sum of money per year.

Depends. Used to be a time, albeit a long time ago, when everybody brown bagged it and buying even one refreshment outside home would have been considered gauche in some circles. You know, where the father worked a factory job, mom cooked and cleaned all day and the kids tormented each other outside in the natural sunlight. And when the 'rents finally passed there was enough estate left for all eight kids to receive a modest but appreciated inheritance. DAMHIK. Saving $500, adjusted for inflation, woulda been kinda a big deal back then but no way to build a consumer society. I think the Wealthy Barber had something to say about this.

What's that pedal bike of yours run?

Well, that's the thing isn't it? I'm not above the couple coffees a day amortization scheme. Also am planning to die broke if I can work it.

Well, that's the thing isn't it? I'm not above the couple coffees a day amortization scheme. Also am planning to die broke if I can work it.
I still get one of the bikes, right Uncle Bernie??

Sent from my purple GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

In my Jeep 4wd, you shouldn't drive over 80kph in 4wd high, or 4wd at all on dry pavement. Its a 2016 but the technology in classic jeep drivetrain is pretty ancient.

You're truly inspiring #inrebrulez

Made me think of this.

[video=youtube;yU_Pe3yV2uo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yU_Pe3yV2uo[/video]

Back
Top Bottom