New girl on the roads | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

New girl on the roads

You'll get used to leaning into the cross wind. Riding in Kansas once and going in a straight line I was leaned over. Didn't realize how much till a transport passed me and the trailer was at an angle. lol

I feel you. In New Brunswick, I popped out from behind some trees and got a blast over the ocean from the tail end of a hurricane. That was the only time I have scraped a peg in a straight line. My brain had trouble processing what was happening when the feeler touched.

My can't complain so far, the only thing is that the wind blows me around - we are hardly 550 lbs all together (full tank)

There are a few things you can do to help combat that feeling. Wear earplugs to block out wind noise in your helmet, get a taller or "double bubble" style windshield, tuck lower onto the bike and grip the tank with your knees and relax you hands on the bars. Once you get used to it, it won't be as bad, but you are right, on windier days the smaller bikes feel like they getting blown around more than the bigger bikes.

Also, check your tires and tire pressures.

Have fun!!

There are a few things you can do to help combat that feeling. Wear earplugs to block out wind noise in your helmet, get a taller or "double bubble" style windshield, tuck lower onto the bike and grip the tank with your knees and relax you hands on the bars. Once you get used to it, it won't be as bad, but you are right, on windier days the smaller bikes feel like they getting blown around more than the bigger bikes.

Also, check your tires and tire pressures.

Have fun!!
Thanks! I do have a bigger windshield and normally almost hug my bike when the wind is too strong.. Tires are almost brand new but I guess it's a good call to check pressure.

You know that in riding, like in sex, size matters less than your ability to handle dat thing?

Haters gonna hate =)
Reply of the year ?

Sent from my purple GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

where's my prize =D

bottle.jpg

Hey! Somebody went to my website! Thanks @GreyGhost! ☺

Riding weather looks like it's gone for a while now...
Potentially snow on Sunday! :(

You have a website? And, can I borrow that sign one day (planning a bbq)?
Yes.
And yes.
Pm me.

Yes.
And yes.
Pm me.

Your website and your business won't grow if you "lend" these signs out.
But I love your style buddy, you're all heart. Don't ever change.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Your website and your business won't grow if you "lend" these signs out.
But I love your style buddy, you're all heart. Don't ever change.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk
Joe Bass likes this ?
Thanks brother
Many GTAMers (yourself included) have been great to me since I arrived here. Offering assistance and advice. If I can give back in some small way, then I will.

But tell all yours friends, I'll gladly charge them! ?

Back
Top Bottom