New girl on the roads | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

New girl on the roads

Rather, I'd like to know where people stop for a chat/gather to hang out /

Motorcycle hangouts as far as I can recall:

-Tims at Dundas and 403 in Mississauga/Oakville (whenever it is nice out)
-Lakeshore and Leslie. (I don't recall what days)
-Any MotoSocial event
-Higher Ground Coffee in Belfountain/Forks of the Credit (it's usually swamped on weekends)

There's probably more, I can't think of them though. :/ I haven't been to any of those except Higher Ground and usually on weekdays when it's just retired folks. lol

Welcome. +1 about avoiding group rides for now. If you can get a more experienced rider to go for rides with you, have them follow and then give you pointers.
Good idea!

-Any MotoSocial event
-Higher Ground Coffee in Belfountain/Forks of the Credit (it's usually swamped on weekends)

There's probably more, I can't think of them though. :/ I haven't been to any of those except Higher Ground and usually on weekdays when it's just retired folks. lol

been to 403/Dundas already, as well as Tims at Terry Fox..

:)

South Mississauga here!

Welcome

I've fallen off the group rides wagon but did learn SOME things from them... i'm just past that.

Keep the shiny side up :)

Welcome! :) I ride in the south Etobicoke area. Wouldn't mind meeting up for a short ride along the lakeshore on a weekend. Gave your Instagram a follow.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I'm going to ride tonight but I wanna visit my friends at 403 dundas tims, if you want - come by =)

:)

South Mississauga here!

Welcome

I've fallen off the group rides wagon but did learn SOME things from them... i'm just past that.

Keep the shiny side up :)

Thanks! I dont really do group rides but I do like meeting other riders =) Need to learn a lot

That rally does look like fun.
Too bad I'm 175cc over the limit : (

-Any MotoSocial event

Lakeshore and Leslie - is it the one that people refer by L&L to? If yes, where exactly there, I assume tims?

Lakeshore and Leslie - is it the one that people refer by L&L to? If yes, where exactly there, I assume tims?

Kinda between Timmies and FreshCo.

I got my first(and only so far) 250 while owning 2 750s. One I went cross continent with multiple times and the other a Gixxer. Nothing wrong with a 250. They are fun in their own ways.

Last edited:
Kinda between Timmies and FreshCo.

I got my first(and only so far) 250 while owning 2 750s. One I went cross continent with multiple times and the other a Gixxer. Nothing wrong with a 250. They are fun in their own ways.

My can't complain so far, the only thing is that the wind blows me around - we are hardly 550 lbs all together (full tank)

My can't complain so far, the only thing is that the wind blows me around - we are hardly 550 lbs all together (full tank)

You'll get used to it. Don't try too hard fight it. A bike is small and has lots of room to move around safely in your lane. If you struggle to stay in exactly the same spot you will be miserable as you will be constantly correcting.

You'll get used to it. Don't try too hard fight it. A bike is small and has lots of room to move around safely in your lane. If you struggle to stay in exactly the same spot you will be miserable as you will be constantly correcting.

I'm not fighting it at all, not a big deal if I move a bit to the left/right. It's just the feeling that the bike is about to tip over that makes me feel uncomfortable

You'll get used to leaning into the cross wind. Riding in Kansas once and going in a straight line I was leaned over. Didn't realize how much till a transport passed me and the trailer was at an angle. lol

Back
Top Bottom