Stock Yamaha V Star Seat vs Mustang seat | GTAMotorcycle.com

Stock Yamaha V Star Seat vs Mustang seat

ALD

I have a Yamaha V Star 1100 with a stock seat and find that I can not ride long distances because I will be to sore.
Could I please get some feedback on what is thought about a Mustang seat, as I am aware that they are shaped differently but in terms of riding long distances how are they for comfort.

Thank you

there is a WORLD of difference between a stock and aftermarket seat, buy a good one and you will not regret it

Mustang makes a pretty decent seat. That's a nice wide seat pan on the vstar as well, should be a good match. You can also try beadrider in addition.

I had a Shadow ACE 750 with a upgraded Mustang Seat. I highly recommend the upgrade to everyone. Stock seats typically suck pretty bad.

I had a Mustang seat on a Shadow 750 and it was amazing compared to stock. I highly recommend it.

I have mustang rider and passenger seats on my stratoliner...like a friggin lazyboy seat. So nice.

Try the Ultimate seat also. They are at 31 Klondike Dr. North York
They're very comfortable as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mustang seats are very good. Personally I prefer a Corbin seat, but you will not be disappointed with a Mustang seat. I suggest if you're wanting to ride long distances to splurge and get the accessory rider's back rest. My Dad had one on one of his bikes and he LOVED it!

Go for the Mustang Saddle you'll never regret it. I used to have a Vstar 1100. I purchased a mustang saddle about 2 weeks after I bought the bike. The stock seat was driving my tail bone into my spine. So I purchased mustang saddle. Went from riding for a couple of hours to being able to ride all day in total comfort. 4 day trips were a snap. Had the bike for 12 years and put on 133,000 k's in that time and the seat still looked like and was still as comfortable as the day I installed it.

Last edited:
I currently own a VStar with a Mustang Seat and it is very comfortable. 1 single piece for both seats, so a non-removable passenger seat. You will have no issues riding all day with this seat if need be. There is really no comparison to the stock seat at all, they are not even in the same ballpark.

Back
Top Bottom