What are your upgrades to your bike for this season? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

What are your upgrades to your bike for this season?

heart transplant

fully rebuilt

f20e6834c42be9fddbdda583376621c7.jpg

Rekluse clutch
Rekluse left hand rear brake
Enduro Engineering Skid Plate
ASV C6 Brake and Clutch Levers
hand Guards
Risk Racing Lock-N-Load Moto Transport System
Zac Speed Sprint Pack and Exotec Roost Deflector
Works Connection Aluminum Radiator Braces
MICHELIN StarCross

...and that is just for 1 bike

New pipes
[video=youtube;FZ_Gprrd-7s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZ_Gprrd-7s&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Last edited:
3rd season on this ride - FJ09, and have the comfort/storage issues worked out: pair of Givi 35 litre cases,
Matsdad adjustable touring screen, heated grips, throttle lock, Air Boss seat cushion....

luckily the stock tires - that are complete shyte, are done, so I just had a set of Avon Trailriders installed,
name is kinda misleading, 80% on and 20% off road....the stock tires as well as being awful on the road,
were totally useless on gravel roads....reviews are very high for these 2CT tires, especially in the rain

unfortunately, immediately after getting the tires installed I had a 500 km highway-only ride back home,
so I had no opportunity to really try them out, but did notice the tip in was quite strong and once I was
used to it I really liked it....they were not cheap, $800 installed, so I have high expectations

Got the Cobra street rod exhaust put on my Shadow wednesday. O'lady wants me to get a sissy bar. I might end up getting the cobra intake and fuel tuner this summer. But I still want a better seat and maybe bags.

3rd season on this ride - FJ09, and have the comfort/storage issues worked out: pair of Givi 35 litre cases,
Matsdad adjustable touring screen, heated grips, throttle lock, Air Boss seat cushion....

luckily the stock tires - that are complete shyte, are done, so I just had a set of Avon Trailriders installed,
name is kinda misleading, 80% on and 20% off road....the stock tires as well as being awful on the road,
were totally useless on gravel roads....reviews are very high for these 2CT tires, especially in the rain

unfortunately, immediately after getting the tires installed I had a 500 km highway-only ride back home,
so I had no opportunity to really try them out, but did notice the tip in was quite strong and once I was
used to it I really liked it....they were not cheap, $800 installed, so I have high expectations

wait...$800 installed for tires? Holy ****.

GiPro gear indicator installed on the track bike.

wait...$800 installed for tires? Holy ****.

yeah, bike was stored at a friends place in Michigan after a long ride last fall,
tires were completely shot, not enough left to get to get where the bike needed to go,
had them installed at the Yamaha dealer in Lansing, Avon tires are expensive,
and the exchange rate is nasty

yeah, bike was stored at a friends place in Michigan after a long ride last fall,
tires were completely shot, not enough left to get to get where the bike needed to go,
had them installed at the Yamaha dealer in Lansing, Avon tires are expensive,
and the exchange rate is nasty

I'd put the tires in a display case afterwards for that price.

My upgrades include Phase 1 and 2 Fast school. Bike is great as is. Love my massive stock fender too. Its so troll

Just upgrades to existing bikes? Adding an EGT gauge to try to help stop blowing up pistons.

Last edited:
My upgrades include Phase 1 and 2 Fast school. Bike is great as is. Love my massive stock fender too. Its so troll

Chop that fender!
Weight reduction, and drag reduction.

Mostly just cert upgrades on the new to me SV. Dunlop Streetsmart3 tires, rebuilt rear caliper & new pads, replace original spark plugs plus boots. I have ordered new original handlebars and shifter. These low bars are killing my wrists. Future plans are luggage. I miss my hard bags on the wee.

Rightsm.gif

sv650N-001.gif

Put on my Vance and Hines slash cut slip-ons over the weekend and then flash tuned with the Fuel Pak3. What a cool device! Download maps from V & H or they will do a custom map for you. Just flash it from your phone. You can also view sensor data on your phone as your ride.

I started the Autotune process last night but it's an ongoing process & I need time to get it dialed in correctly. So far, sounds and runs great.

My buddy at work "upgraded" his vstar 1100 over the winter. He did all work himself and wound up with this. I think it looks pretty damn good.
4fd0715b54466600e62713f4754c50f5.jpg
e63f92e8512b85f2cdfe290be634cbf9.jpg
559246fc423d1a67d417b1111b65c334.jpg

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

looks sweet!!!

the YZ250f is getting all new valves, newer head and a new piston................not by choice

Back
Top Bottom