Questions for GTA Aprilia Owners | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Questions for GTA Aprilia Owners

From what i gather VOS is only selling aprilia not the whole piaggio line (vespa,Guzzi,etc). Corsa sells everything and the smaller shop compared to VOS may attract a market segment that would shy away from the huge VOS showroom.

Aprilia dealer network has been lacking in size if nothing else in Ontario for years and with VOS being a huge player in the sportbike market there is a chance this could be good for the brand giving more people the chance to view the bikes side by side if they go in looking at an R1 etc.

more dealers also in theory means more parts etc. for owners ... all of that being said im sure George is not thrilled and it does make one wonder what the possible back story may be. I doubt Canadian geography is a big talking point for Italians but as others have stated you don't open up 2 dealers less than 10 mins apart for no reason. There are now 4 within driving distance of the GTA and 1 near Ottawa with a 5 hour gap in between. Hope for the best for the brand and for both dealers but curious how this will play out.

Buying the bikes isn't an issue, the bigger issue is how long it takes to get parts. I've resorted to ordering the parts from AF1, picking them up in buffalo and doing repairs myself. Saved a boatload of time and cash that way for my last issue.

Buying the bikes isn't an issue, the bigger issue is how long it takes to get parts. I've resorted to ordering the parts from AF1, picking them up in buffalo and doing repairs myself. Saved a boatload of time and cash that way for my last issue.

wondering what sort of issues you're been having that require parts?
track incident related stuff?
reliability concerns?
updates/accessories?

just wondering as I'm thinking about a Caponord Rally for next summer
but service and parts are something I'd like to get an idea on, thanks

I am not surprised about the parts problem. I've run into the problem where parts are not locally stocked, and you have to wait 2 weeks for everything. My bike was incapacitated for 6 weeks because of this.

Given how small the aprilia volumes are in this country, the dealers probably dont carry anything beyond the bare essentials.

Anyway, I'm probably going to pull the trigger on the Tuono next season. Just waiting on the prices for the 17 vs 18 models. the 18 is not likely to change all that much other than maybe a new paint scheme.

Last edited:
wondering what sort of issues you're been having that require parts?
track incident related stuff?
reliability concerns?
updates/accessories?

just wondering as I'm thinking about a Caponord Rally for next summer
but service and parts are something I'd like to get an idea on, thanks

The achilles heel of my generation RSV4 appears to be the stator. Very common for them to go bad on this bike, and it's an easy diy to replace it if you have the time/patience. Which, given if you bring the bike in, you'll have plenty of time without it anyway.

I am not surprised about the parts problem. I've run into the problem where parts are not locally stocked, and you have to wait 2 weeks for everything. My bike was incapacitated for 6 weeks because of this.

Given how small the aprilia volumes are in this country, the dealers probably dont carry anything beyond the bare essentials.

That was my issue as well so instead of losing precious riding time I did it my way...

I get my parts from Two wheels and never took more than 2 weeks to get the parts (just lost a seat cowl that I neglected to lock) When it comes to the stator, that is old news. Aprilia has redesigned the part and I have not seen any issues since...I have the upgraded part on my bike and it is running great. SpeeDenonN, do you own an Aprilia or is this all "internet knowledge"?

Yeah I pose as an Aprilia owner on my free time to share all my "internet knowledge"

Not that I have anything to prove to anyone but you actually replied to my post on the other thread re: pics of members bikes lol

I've been trying to get the locknut that holds the swingarm pivot on for like 2 months now. First one got lost in the mail apparently. Bike's been sitting where I realized the nut was missing for that whole time, which isn't even in my city.

Darn thing just rattled off on it's own.

I've been trying to get the locknut that holds the swingarm pivot on for like 2 months now. First one got lost in the mail apparently. Bike's been sitting where I realized the nut was missing for that whole time, which isn't even in my city.

Brutal. Where did you order from?

yikes, a nut? dealer should have that
anything special about it?
Brafasco have anything comparable?

yikes, a nut? dealer should have that
anything special about it?
Brafasco have anything comparable?
It's very special. Aprilia doesn't even make the proper tool for it anymore.

Back
Top Bottom