Question for UPS experts (self-clearing?) | GTAMotorcycle.com

Question for UPS experts (self-clearing?)

TwistedKestrel

King of GTAM
Site Supporter
I RMA'ed a computer part and I had to ship it to the US. They are shipping me something back (replacement, same part, who knows) but I can already tell they did it wrong because the tracking number shows C.O.D. charges. This is a warranty repair for something I already own, no duties or taxes should apply, right? If I pay the COD will I ever be able to get my money back later?

What he said. ^^^
I remember something about avoiding ups and dhl when shipping from US to here.

Sent from my purple GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

I RMA'ed a computer part and I had to ship it to the US. They are shipping me something back (replacement, same part, who knows) but I can already tell they did it wrong because the tracking number shows C.O.D. charges. This is a warranty repair for something I already own, no duties or taxes should apply, right? If I pay the COD will I ever be able to get my money back later?

refuse the shipment, it will go back then do it again the proper way

Turned out okay - they still declared it wrong (didn't mark it as return, just as having a value of $20) so I only had to pay a few bucks for a brokerage fee. Still kinda shabby for a major manufacturer (GIGABYTE)

Unless I was desperate for the part I would too have refused it and made them reship it properly..but thankfully the brokerage was only a few dollars - maybe UPS is finally catching on after everyone who was ever stung by their brokerage fees has avoided them like the plague ever since.

They used to be famous for just delivering your parcel and then a few weeks later...surprise! A $50 bill in the mail.

Back
Top Bottom