M license | GTAMotorcycle.com

M license

Honestly man, such a common question, and in my opinion, an unnecessary one. Who cares about the route? Just follow the instructions and you'll be fine. These tests are quite easy if you actually know how to ride a motorcycle. You need to be relaxed, not worried if you remember what's next.

The route isn't an issue. It's the bad habits you picked up.

As DP mention, just listen to and follow what is being asked. You'll be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wonder if you get an ins discount for M2 Exit course?

And if its worth it to pay the money?

Some don't discount from m2 to m.
The course itself makes no difference for insurance, only m1 exit.
My m2. Exit with learning curves was an enjoyable day vs ****** with mto

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I was super nervous when I booked my M2X and read everything I could get my hands on. When I got there, the instructor was super chill and told me to just go out for a ride. All I did differently from my everyday riding was:
1) I was waaaay more aware of my speed and the posted limit than normal.
2) Bobble head! Seriously, never stop moving your head. Look at every driveway, road, sign, your mirrors..... Just keep your head moving

^ what he said...head on a swivel. They can't see your eyes so just glancing to the side isn't enough. I heard that some people put visible stickers on the helmet so the examiners can see constant movement. That might be a bit extreme but whatever works.

Shoulder check constantly. I did an exaggerated head check every 20-30 seconds, and at every intersection.

Lane block aggressively and stay in the proper position depending on which lane you are in.

Stay within the speed limit, and match the flow of traffic on the highway.

...don't forget to put on your hazzard flashers if asked to do an emergency stop. I forgot to and lost 2pts off my otherwise perfect score

Shoulder check constantly. I did an exaggerated head check every 20-30 seconds, and at every intersection.

Lane block aggressively and stay in the proper position depending on which lane you are in.

Stay within the speed limit, and match the flow of traffic on the highway.

...don't forget to put on your hazzard flashers if asked to do an emergency stop. I forgot to and lost 2pts off my otherwise perfect score

I forgot to cancel my blinker for about a block after a right hand turn. Mentioned it to the examiner after he told me I passed and he literally said "Meh, I don't have a tick box for that anyway".

I took my M with the MTO at downsview
just ride like you do over exaggerate any head movement and you will be fine.

The only thing I really recommend is wear an ear plug in the other ear cause it's really hard to hear instruction when you get moving.

I did a lot of research before doing it and it scared me a lot more then it needed to be. I asked the guy all these questions about the X on the helmet on all thee other things he laughed at me and told me you have been doing to much research online.

Routes aren't always the same. If you're nervous many of the riding schools offer M2X. I know RTI offers returning students a discount. The difference between the schools and the MTO is the schools will show you what you're tested on first. As for a discount with insurance, it depends on the insurance company, some won't offer any discount, others do, call yours and find out.

Exaggerated head bobble at every driveway, intersection, ALL road signs, constructions, school signs, crossings, pedestrians. Examiner needs to see your head move to make sure you acknowledged all road signs and hazards like school buses etc.

PS their ear piece is crappy so I took my own bud earphones and plugged it into the receiver.

Sent from my LG-D852 using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

I did it with MTOHp last weekend... Learnt alot and passed the exam with no issues ..

Best thing is they ask you to ride at the road speeds.. if all the cars are going at 120km/hr then there u go that is your speed .. Corrected many of my bad habits

^ what he said...head on a swivel. They can't see your eyes so just glancing to the side isn't enough. I heard that some people put visible stickers on the helmet so the examiners can see constant movement. That might be a bit extreme but whatever works.
Not extreme imo. I used painter's tape and put a cross on my helmet.

Sent from my purple GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom