Any cool/interesting side hustles out there? | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any cool/interesting side hustles out there?

Some guy's making a nice living turning wood pallets into high end furniture. Targeting the snob Irving Vincent market might do a tidy business on motorbike stands. Come to think of it these stands might not look out of place undertheneath some of the more desirable Oriental iron.

Technically, all referees (and some coaches) aren't amateurs since they're being paid...but I won't get pedantic :D

Why wouldn't coaches be motivated to yell? They've invested lots of time and effort into their players (hopefully), and that naturally leads to feeling like they themselves have been wronged if they disagree with a call/non-call. I've never seen parents telling coaches to shut up, it wouldn't surprise me if it happened but in my experience it almost always goes the other way with coaches telling parents to chill out so they don't get bench minors (which btw I think is somewhat nonsensical that people in the stands that aren't on team rosters can cause teams to get bench minors, but I won't go down that road).

As for the difficulty of the job, this feels a lot like how the dynamics of police accountability is changing nowadays. You've got a lot of people who argue that police are human beings too and it's just as possible for them to make a mistake compared to a layman. I don't think this is a false argument, but I'm with the crowd that police officers should still be held to a higher standard and when they make mistakes, the consequences should be larger than for a civilian. After all, cops are being paid to do their jobs and enjoy privileges/rights that come with the position. If you can't cut it, you shouldn't be a cop.

Back to refereeing, I think some of this might be remedied if leagues made refs officiate a more consistent age/level group. It's kind of crazy refs can be calling a minor atom A game and throughout the course of the evening be calling a midget AAA game. Ideally refs should just be able to reset and officiate accordingly, but let's be honest it's not that simple. Even within the same age group, going from a A game to a AA game is noticeably faster and there's way more going on. So maybe they should create groupings so refs only work 1 minor/major age group +/-1 level for a month or something like that (ex. Minor + Major bantam, A & AA for a given month, or Minor + Major Midget, AA & AAA for another given month).

Found this that was put out for soccer games, but would also be appropriate for hockey and other sports.
It's pretty certain that the referees aren't in it for the money.
18222225_1545490905485749_5092040848292520_n.jpg

It's almost $100 for material.

maybe cheaper if he finds some sources with building left overs
the pieces he would need are not that big
the draw for the wood unit allows you to take it apart and store it which is good for ppl living in a condo or limited space in garage

maybe cheaper if he finds some sources with building left overs
the pieces he would need are not that big
the draw for the wood unit allows you to take it apart and store it which is good for ppl living in a condo or limited space in garage

Ever taken apart well made furniture? Thankfully it's not IKEA

I get the impression you do not know what we are speaking about.
Not sure why one would want to take apart well made furniture, by nature they are not intended to be taken apart hence the well made part.

That's her point. Well made doesn't come apart easily.

Now well designed and made of strong materials to specifically come apart, is a different story.

That's her point. Well made doesn't come apart easily.

Now well designed and made of strong materials to specifically come apart, is a different story.

uhm the posted plans as I mentioned by Wingboy showed a project that is designed with that purpose in mind. It has slotted pieces that fit together.

Maybe PP could chime in here? Let's get this settled. (I have nothing of value to add)

Back
Top Bottom