French Election 2017 | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

French Election 2017

I think his opinion would change if people were being run down in the street and executed en masse at concerts In Toronto.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My attitude didn't change when a bomb destroyed the shopping centre in the city where I was studying or when my cousins friends were blown up in a pub....I fully understood that not all Irishmen were terrorists. You should probably think very carefully before you sprout nonsense.

Le Pen senior was around when there were bombs going off in the Parisian metro decades ago. Some of you had probably forgotten about those terrorists, I was in Paris at the time. That didn't do Le Pen senior any good, people saw he was a fearmonger and understood a crazy minority were to blame. His daughter hasn't fallen far from the tree. Is she far right, totally. Her whole motivation is xenophobic French nationalism. If she's your pin up child then congrats.

your comparison meter seems to be broken

My attitude didn't change when a bomb destroyed the shopping centre in the city where I was studying or when my cousins friends were blown up in a pub....I fully understood that not all Irishmen were terrorists. You should probably think very carefully before you sprout nonsense.

so you are comparing LOCAL political strife with a global religion????

how many innocent ppl died during IRA bombings?
I don't know but you give us the numbers.

Now tell us how many have died in the past 3 years in England alone?

Wow you sound like the mayor of London saying terrorism has to be accepted as the way of life in a big city.

Radicals come in many forms and they should all be dealt with the same way.

I for one moved to the city to enjoy multiculturalism. Every culture should allow space for the others. If they cant get along they need to leave.

When did nationalism become a dirty word anyway?

so you are comparing LOCAL political strife with a global religion????

how many innocent ppl died during IRA bombings?
I don't know but you give us the numbers.

Now tell us how many have died in the past 3 years in England alone?

Local? Since parts of the US openly sponsored the IRA I'd say it was international. Since assassinations and attacks took part on several continents I'd say it was international in nature. Since the IRA was totally Catholic I'd say it was partly religious. Since it was a small bunch of dickheads doing it I'd not tar and feather an entire population, neither did the majority of the UK at the time. Take a look a this... http://www.datagraver.com/case/people-killed-by-terrorism-per-year-in-western-europe-1970-2015

Islamic terrorism compared to what was going on from the 70s onwards is quite a bit smaller.

The past 3 years in the UK are nothing compared to what's happened in decades past. Islamic terrorism in the west is a problem..absolutely. It's still something being done by a minority of psychopaths though.

Wow you sound like the mayor of London saying terrorism has to be accepted as the way of life in a big city.

Radicals come in many forms and they should all be dealt with the same way.

I for one moved to the city to enjoy multiculturalism. Every culture should allow space for the others. If they cant get along they need to leave.

Quote where I said that. You are also quoting the Muslim mayor of London that was voted in by a majority of Londoners out of context. Well done.

Local? Since parts of the US openly sponsored the IRA I'd say it was international. Since assassinations and attacks took part on several continents I'd say it was international in nature. Since the IRA was totally Catholic I'd say it was partly religious. Since it was a small bunch of dickheads doing it I'd not tar and feather an entire population, neither did the majority of the UK at the time. Take a look a this... http://www.datagraver.com/case/people-killed-by-terrorism-per-year-in-western-europe-1970-2015

Islamic terrorism compared to what was going on from the 70s onwards is quite a bit smaller.

The past 3 years in the UK are nothing compared to what's happened in decades past. Islamic terrorism in the west is a problem..absolutely. It's still something being done by a minority of psychopaths though.

Not to downplay the seriousness of what the IRA did, but weren't their intentions mostly based around wanting an independent republic? How many people in Ireland at the time? Like 3 million? That's a drop in the bucket compared to what may come from extremist Islamists...

your comparison meter seems to be broken

Not at all...I'm telling you that Le Pen senior, Marine's father, was peddling the same tired rhetoric back when bombs were going off on the Paris metro. He didn't gain a foothold as the majority of french saw through him. That's despite there being massive Vietnamese, Algerian, Senegalese and Tunisian populations in France at the time. I was there living in France at the time Le Pen senior really started his political movement. I went back to France again to live when he fizzled out the first time and was put on the sidelines. I actually lived in one of the departments where Le Pen was doing OK, strangely enough in an apartment building where me and my buddy were the only white guys. We had a whale of a time.

Not to downplay the seriousness of what the IRA did, but weren't their intentions mostly based around wanting an independent republic? How many people in Ireland at the time? Like 3 million? That's a drop in the bucket compared to what may come from extremist Islamists...

they still managed to murder more people than Islamist terrorists have done in the uk...look this isn't a competition, but people have very short memories.

they still managed to murder more people than Islamist terrorists have done in the uk...look this isn't a competition, but people have very short memories.

Yeah they were a ruthless bunch for sure, but they also didn't have to travel very far, and getting weapons was a non-issue. They had more opportunity, to me its as simple as that.

Yeah they were a ruthless bunch for sure, but they also didn't have to travel very far, and getting weapons was a non-issue. They had more opportunity, to me its as simple as that.

Right...opportunity. But not all Irish were attacking us and they lived right next door and rational people realized that. There was actually quite a bit of anti Irish sentiment because of the IRA but it was only among a certain minority of the Brits. Furthermore, we didn't get all in a tizzy if the Irish parliament didn't come out and apologize for what the IRA had done because we also knew they didn't need to.

Fast forward to today and a certain segment of the population believes all Muslims (Irish) are out to get them because they are all jihadis (IRA) and they are ********** because the moderate Muslims (all the rest of the Irish people) won't apologize for the minority of psychopaths.

Right...opportunity. But not all Irish were attacking us and they lived right next door and rational people realized that. There was actually quite a bit of anti Irish sentiment because of the IRA but it was only among a certain minority of the Brits. Furthermore, we didn't get all in a tizzy if the Irish parliament didn't come out and apologize for what the IRA had done because we also knew they didn't need to.

Fast forward to today and a certain segment of the population believes all Muslims (Irish) are out to get them because they are all jihadis (IRA) and they are ********** because the moderate Muslims (all the rest of the Irish people) won't apologize for the minority of psychopaths.

It appears that you are downplaying this by making it seem like a few minority of psychopaths.
Let's do basic math
1.2 billion Muslims or followers of Islam
How many would you consider "psychopaths" and who are creating these psychopaths?
Give us a %

If Le Pen doesn't win and there is another terrorist attack in France, I will just laugh at them

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

I still don't see what's wrong with nationalist sentiment, wanting to protect the sovereignty, traditions and culture of one's nation.

The IRA had a finite pool of nut jobs to select from. Being weary of a group of people who could potentially pose you a threat is perfectly normal. Not wanting to import them en-masse to one's country is also normal. What's the benefit to the average Frenchman, or their future generations? There is a reason Le Pen is up there in front. Even if she doesn't win, the direction of public opinion is quite clear.

Isn't is great we can sit on the couch and be critical of political candidates from another country when our own back yard is a god damn mess.

France? Who gives two daisies?

We have Amuricah and Canaduh to worry about.

And for all the worry about Trump, I still fuel up my bike and take a spin and BBQ just the same as last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still don't see what's wrong with nationalist sentiment, wanting to protect the sovereignty, traditions and culture of one's nation.

The IRA had a finite pool of nut jobs to select from. Being weary of a group of people who could potentially pose you a threat is perfectly normal. Not wanting to import them en-masse to one's country is also normal. What's the benefit to the average Frenchman, or their future generations? There is a reason Le Pen is up there in front. Even if she doesn't win, the direction of public opinion is quite clear.

Umm...she has 2 mps. She's not in front and would be practically powerless even if she did win. There's a reason she only has 2 mps and it's the same reason she is distancing herself from the National Front party and the same reason she threw her dad out of the leadership role of that party. Far right parties in Europe have a tremendous amount of baggage and history with them. Hardly any of it is good and a lot of people remember that. I still think the first round was a protest vote and by the second round most moderates will have made their point and then vote for a more moderate candidate. In the end for France it may be less likely to come down to immigration rather than who wants to stay in Europe.

It appears that you are downplaying this by making it seem like a few minority of psychopaths.
Let's do basic math
1.2 billion Muslims or followers of Islam
How many would you consider "psychopaths" and who are creating these psychopaths?
Give us a %

Dont be dim. I worked with a bunch of Muslim students a week ago and went home at the end of every day unscathed and strangely not once did I worry. Not all Muslims are trying to kill you, a few psychopaths might want to. Luckily most of those own camels and live a long way away. If all Muslims wanted you dead...you'd be dead. You should probably worry about evangelical Christians more, those are the ones with a hard on for the apocalypse and the second coming. They scare the bejesus out of me...pun intended.

Dont be dim. I worked with a bunch of Muslim students a week ago and went home at the end of every day unscathed and strangely not once did I worry. Not all Muslims are trying to kill you, a few psychopaths might want to. Luckily most of those own camels and live a long way away. If all Muslims wanted you dead...you'd be dead. You should probably worry about evangelical Christians more, those are the ones with a hard on for the apocalypse and the second coming. They scare the bejesus out of me...pun intended.

uhm, deflection and hurling insults when someone questions you on your words
penalty box for you
at least you are consistent with your false equivalencies
carry on

Back
Top Bottom