French Election 2017 | Page 8 | GTAMotorcycle.com

French Election 2017

Your comment was factually irrelevant. I question why you would post it because I assume you want to be taken seriously. Should I not do that?

I'm done with serious now I know no one else is.

No Hugh? Slight accent? Parks a Zeppelin in his driveway?

as far as islamic apocalypticism goes

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/04/opinion/the-problem-with-the-islamic-apocalypse.html?_r=2

Yet Islamic apocalypticism is still a powerful force. According to a 2012 poll by the Pew Research Center, half of Muslims or more in nine Muslim-majority countries believe that the coming of the Mahdi is “imminent,” and could happen in their lifetime. The Islamic State just goes further by claiming that it is bringing the prophecies to life.

http://www.pewforum.org/2012/08/09/the-worlds-muslims-unity-and-diversity-3-articles-of-faith/

No Hugh? Slight accent? Parks a Zeppelin in his driveway?

Well, if you can't admit you're wrong I guess that's the next best thing. Anticipating your next input, or output or whatever. Have kazoo on standby.

Well, if you can't admit you're wrong I guess that's the next best thing. Anticipating your next input, or output or whatever. Have kazoo on standby.

Hugh? Likes sausages? You must know him....his father's big in Poland?

The best part about threads like these is you get to see people's true colours.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled sarcasm.

RIP France! Wish you all the luck!

I heard the loser was "far right". I guess that's code for rational and sensible @ 2017 A.D.

Macron seems to have the right ideas. Cut corporate taxes, cut the state budget, slim down the bureaucracy around operating businesses etc. It may be a nice Muslim nation in about 50 years!

Meh the pendulum keeps swinging up and will swing back down at some point. In the end, same outcome, same people controlling everything while giving the populace the sense of control.

I dont know if Le Pen wouldve made France better or worse but i do know that Macron is the same old. Nothing is changed since 2002 and wont under Macron either, Not only he was Hollande's finance minister but previously he was a Rothschild banker.
Good indication of things not changing is when Obama and current president of France congratulate you. Add to that Merkel, EU chief, Head of NATO and the rest of globalist elite.

If people like how France was ran, its economic and social status during the last 14 years and are ok with all the terrorist attacks, then this will make them happy. More of the same.

But for those who are not happy with the status quo and still voted for Macron, well then they deserve what they get.

"Definition of Insanity Is Doing the Same Thing Over and Over Again and Expecting Different Results"

Einstein

Obama promised hope and change. Then he changed his promise. Is he not human?

Told you...no one was going to let a far right politician in France take any semblance of power. Macron was "anyone but Le Pen". He might just be OK too. At least he can string sentences together.

I dont know if Le Pen wouldve made France better or worse but i do know that Macron is the same old. Nothing is changed since 2002 and wont under Macron either, Not only he was Hollande's finance minister but previously he was a Rothschild banker.
Good indication of things not changing is when Obama and current president of France congratulate you. Add to that Merkel, EU chief, Head of NATO and the rest of globalist elite.

If people like how France was ran, its economic and social status during the last 14 years and are ok with all the terrorist attacks, then this will make them happy. More of the same.

But for those who are not happy with the status quo and still voted for Macron, well then they deserve what they get.

"Definition of Insanity Is Doing the Same Thing Over and Over Again and Expecting Different Results"

Einstein

There's been terrorist attacks on and off in Europe all over since the 70s. It's managed just fine. The French will be fine.

Do you know what Orangeman's day is? Battle of the Boyne? I'll give you a clue...one of the most used terms during the IRA campaign was "sectarian killing". For 10 points and a bonus Bob...do you know what "sectarian" means?

That's quite a silly comment.

A distant family relation was a guy called Bobby Sands. He was the first IRA hunger striker to die. He was a Protestant.

The one time Chief of Staff for the IRA was a guy called Seán Mac StÃ*ofáin, born John Edward Drayton Stephenson in Leytonstone, London, his father was English, his mother an Ulster Protestant from East Belfast.

Google it if you don't believe me.

The IRA didn't discriminate based on religion, they were politically motivated, not religiously motivated.

Similar situition the first time around and for hundreds of years before that. The fight for independence was lead by people like Wolfe Tone, Henry Joy McCracken, Charles Stewart Parnell, Edward Fitzgerald and others who lead the United Irishmen movement. In fact most of the United Irishmen were Presbyterians with very few Catholics. These were the direct descendants of today's political parties in Ireland.

Even Protestant writers, poets and actors got into the act. For example WB Yeats was a prominent Republican.

Another interesting point is that la Quince Brigada in the Spanish civil war were predominately Irish, made up of both Protestant and Catholic vollenteers from both the north and south of Ireland.

The average person in Ireland had very little to fear from the IRA

I went to Queens in Belfast in the 80's. Never felt threatened because or my "Religon"

But what would I know. I have an engineering degree with a minor in Irish History

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom