Closed: James St parking (Eaton Ctr / Old City Hall) | GTAMotorcycle.com

Closed: James St parking (Eaton Ctr / Old City Hall)

It's for 'construction staging' for the replacement of the tunnel bridge over Queen St.

PCL Construction is replacing the existing bridge linking Toronto Eaton Centre to thenorth and The Hudson's Bay Company building to the south over Queen Street West.Construction of the new pedestrian bridge will require street occupation on JamesStreet, from Queen Street West to Albert Avenue. In addition, parking amendments onAlbert Street will be required to facilitate safe and efficient outbound manoeuvres ofheavy vehicles at the site access.

To enable construction of the pedestrian bridge, Transportation Services is requestingapproval to close the west sidewalk and portion of the northbound lane on JamesStreet, as well as the removal of two taxicab stand spaces on the north side of AlbertStreet and on the west side of James Street, for a period of 4 months.

I got a ****ing parking ticket last week. Apparently nobody had known about it since I parked there in the morning when it was full of cars/bikes, and when I got to the bike after work it was just a row of bikes with tickets on all of them.

Not even a regular parking ticket, $60 ticket for stopping in a no-stop zone or whatever it is. I found a city construction proposal pdf posted online that mentioned the sidewalks would be closed starting today (April 24 2017) and the street parking would be suspended but no date on when street parking would be unavailable. I'm hoping this is sufficient to get the ticket dropped.

Back
Top Bottom