2010 ninja 250 front tire installation | GTAMotorcycle.com

2010 ninja 250 front tire installation

gamer486

i goofed and didn't look at how the speedo was installed before i removed my front tire. I reinstalled it to what seems correct, but not sure. can't find any pictures or videos online for my model.

Below picture is how the speedo is currently seated against the wheel. There is a small gap, not sure if its supposed to be fully against the rim. It's in the correct position agains the fork based on the 2 notches in the speedo. Is this correct? or do i need to remove my wheel and reposition it so the speedo sits completely flush.

link to picture: http://imgur.com/f7fxSf9

Before you snug everything up, give the wheel a spin to see if everything is rotating freely.
You may hear an audible 'click' as the speedo drive centres itself.
If all is good, tighten and take for an easy test ride to insure the meter is reading correctly and you're done.

right side spacer is correct. I currently have it torqued to 64 ft.lbs and the tire does spin freely. I'm going to redo it and this time, i'll take off the speedo cable so i can fit the speedo properly.

Thanks for the pics taximan. those are really helpful.

I took off the wheel, and removed the speedo cable and tried fitting the speedo from different rotations. It fit the same way as in my previous picture. i torqued it down to 65 ft.lbs and did a test drive. it seems fine to me.

Thanks for all the help.

Back
Top Bottom