Where to store pit bike? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Where to store pit bike?

Datsun

Im planning on buying a pit bike from a friend so it would be less than 150cc and not legal to register/insure. I would be able to ride it since I live very close to bike paths that are on fields so I'd be free to ride there. However my issue is that I live in an apartment and I was wondering where I could actually store it? The garage is an option next to my car but I'm still worried that it could be easily stolen since our security here is not that good. How illegal would be to store it on my balcony of my apartment?
thanks for the help!

You can't ride it anywhere but property you own without insurance and registration. Fines of 5g plus if you are caught riding it on any property you don't own.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Storing on a balcony is definitely a fire hazard, I doubt the building management would be too pleased.

Can't ride it on bike paths either.
Most state that motorized vehicles are prohibited.

As people have said, there are very few places you can legally ride uninsured/unregistered bikes. You can ride to none of them from your apartment. Don't buy the bike.

As you asked about storage, the back seat/trunk of your car is not a bad place. Transporting gas through a building to get to your balcony is strongly frowned upon. People steal full size bikes from garages daily, how long do you think a light pit bike would last sitting beside your car in the garage?

Last edited:
Why do you say it's not legal to register/insure? If it has a VIN chances are it's in the system (and if it's not, it should be). Kids 50cc dirt bikes are registered and insured (as they have to be to ride anywhere other than your own property).

Why do you say it's not legal to register/insure? If it has a VIN chances are it's in the system (and if it's not, it should be). Kids 50cc dirt bikes are registered and insured (as they have to be to ride anywhere other than your own property).

Because in his first sentence the OP said "Im planning on buying a pit bike from a friend so it would be less than 150cc and not legal to register/insure." Based on that, my guess is a chinese pit bike with no VIN that probably barely works at the best of times, but that's a conversation for another day.

Back
Top Bottom