Lane filter with parked cars | GTAMotorcycle.com

Lane filter with parked cars

Ghostrider619

Is it legal or illegal to use a lane with parked cars to your right ( talking about bloor street where there are a lot of cars parked to your right & the gap is wide enough for a bike to go through ) or am I supposed to leave the whole right lane alone & use the left lane.

every spring.

What's your point?

Not everyone lives in here and have been here for years.
It's a legitimate question worth an actual answer. Maybe give him an answer, point him to where he can find one or just keep quiet?

Anyways, I personally am not sure. Maybe use the search tool on here.

Cheers,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IIRC it's legal to ride there but you can get a ticket for failure to yield or something if you get doored.

Passing a parked car on the Danforth isn't filtering. I do it all the time in my wide-@$$ minivan, not sure why you couldn't do it on a motorcycle. Just keep in mind that some drivers don't look when getting out and may reward you with a DOOR prize, and you have to still keep that distance away from bicycles now, who are also avoiding door prizes. The only issue I've had is that some people park into the intersection area, so that the lane is too narrow there and you have to move to the outside lane.

IIRC it's legal to ride there but you can get a ticket for failure to yield or something if you get doored.

That should actually go the other way. It's illegal to open a door into traffic. People are supposed to exit vehicles on the sidewalk side.

That should actually go the other way. It's illegal to open a door into traffic. People are supposed to exit vehicles on the sidewalk side.

I know the cars should get the ticket, but you know how it goes. Motorbikes are all ridden by ******** and depending on the cop you draw the bike is at fault (they were going so fast officer).

EDIT:
What happened to the filter? I expected some stars above.

FWIW, I've asked cops and the answer has always been you can ride there as long as you're not riding over the lane markings obviously.

Sent from my purple GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

No filter on this one either.
Maybe when then switched the theme to avoid the popups? (Don't even know if that makes sense.)

Last edited:
As far as I've ever been able to find, this is legal as long as the curb lane (with parking) is actually a separate marked lane and provides sufficient space to do so in safety. Just keep in mind that (as in a recently posted video) you are in an elevated level of danger when doing so, because car drivers are not expecting a moving vehicle to be in that lane. Also consider the possible "passing to the right" charge if something does go wrong.

I've also had people just walk out and stare at me coming at them while they are trying to get into their car instead of just waiting for me to go by. Maybe 2 times where I almost hit them. Even if it wasn't legal I don't know why you would just stand in front of a moving vehicle.

As far as I've ever been able to find, this is legal as long as the curb lane (with parking) is actually a separate marked lane and provides sufficient space to do so in safety. Just keep in mind that (as in a recently posted video) you are in an elevated level of danger when doing so, because car drivers are not expecting a moving vehicle to be in that lane. Also consider the possible "passing to the right" charge if something does go wrong.

Is that not 'sharing a lane with another vehicle'? I've always thought you could not ride there as a result.

Is that not 'sharing a lane with another vehicle'? I've always thought you could not ride there as a result.

I believe "sharing a lane with another vehicle" only applies when that other vehicle is in operation. When it's parked, doesn't count.

I've also had people just walk out and stare at me coming at them while they are trying to get into their car instead of just waiting for me to go by. Maybe 2 times where I almost hit them. Even if it wasn't legal I don't know why you would just stand in front of a moving vehicle.

Everybody is in a hurry and it is all about them. `Cause they are just plain stupid. Should make them a legal target. Well, we need some fun.

someone-ran-over-a-protester-yeah-wellits-a-highway-so-6604031.png

Back
Top Bottom