Kevlar Jeans for summer | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Kevlar Jeans for summer

I bought a few pairs of the Bull-it jeans at Royal Distributing new for $49.99 (MSRP is around $200). Sizes are limited, but I got lucky with 32x32. You have a choice of of the thinner or thicker pairs, I got the thicker pairs for extra protection.

I bought a few pairs of the Bull-it jeans at Royal Distributing new for $49.99 (MSRP is around $200). Sizes are limited, but I got lucky with 32x32. You have a choice of of the thinner or thicker pairs, I got the thicker pairs for extra protection.

do they still have this sale?

I'm also looking for a pair of good kevlar jeans but slim fit. Anybody have any suggestions? Was loooking at those hooligan jeans at GP but they are a bit on the baggy side.

do they still have this sale?

I'm also looking for a pair of good kevlar jeans but slim fit. Anybody have any suggestions? Was loooking at those hooligan jeans at GP but they are a bit on the baggy side.
Careful that they're not too slim. I got the Dainese D1 jeans and they're too tight around the knees when you're sitting on a sport bike. They're fine for shorter rides but if I spend a few hours in them the back of my knees get all red and painful.

Do the jeans come with some sort of strapping or liners to tie your jacket up? Kinda like..not to expose your back or belly if you crash..

Do the jeans come with some sort of strapping or liners to tie your jacket up? Kinda like..not to expose your back or belly if you crash..
Depending on the features of the jacket, I think you could rig the jacket to the belt loops or a belt somehow.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Little birdie told me that a certain someone is about to come out with a pair of casual riding jeans lined in lightweight Kevlar. No CE protectors - they're designed mainly for abrasion resistance and meant to be worn all day and not feel heavy or restrictive. They'll be sub-$150.

(We'll be running a banner ad on this here website when they're ready, probably next month.)

Are the pair just a trial run? Testing the market?

Are the pair just a trial run? Testing the market?

Sort of. I trust that there is a market for them, just based on conversations with customers and fellow riders and after looking at what is available out there.

Also, my manufacturer's minimum order quantity means that my risk is low and that I can iterate (relatively) quickly when customers make (good ) suggestions for improvement.

Last edited:
John Bickle, the resident expert on such matters, says short 8" zippers or straps always fail in a crash. They're just there to keep the jacket and pants together while riding.

You either need a 360° zip, or a one piece.

via Tapatalk

Those don't come with knee armor.
Who cares. Folks shouldn't get hung up on this. Just about every pair of pants, whether budget or top of the line, have ill fitting knee armour. Buy whatever pants you like, then ditch the knee pads. Go with a strap on, tube type knee armour that stays with you, rather than the pants. Much more comfortable and stays in the proper position.

via Tapatalk

John Bickle, the resident expert on such matters, says short 8" zippers or straps always fail in a crash. They're just there to keep the jacket and pants together while riding.

You either need a 360° zip, or a one piece.

via Tapatalk
That's interesting to hear...I always thought the 8" zipper would protect..but yes a 360 would do better for sure..as far as fitting a 360 jacket to your jeans..I think we'd have to somehow stich some sort of strap/zip to the jacket to pass a belt through

Last edited:
Who cares. Folks shouldn't get hung up on this. Just about every pair of pants, whether budget or top of the line, have ill fitting knee armour. Buy whatever pants you like, then ditch the knee pads. Go with a strap on, tube type knee armour that stays with you, rather than the pants. Much more comfortable and stays in the proper position.

EXACTLY.

One reason I like the 511s. Room for the knee armour, lots of useful pockets but not a cargo look or feel, some water resistance, dry real quick and a tru fit.

via Tapatalk

This makes a lot of sense. Even my KLIM pants have wobbly armour. This'll be my first foray into strap on.

This'll be my first foray into strap on.

Somehow I don't believe that. ?

Sent from my purple GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Little birdie told me that a certain someone is about to come out with a pair of casual riding jeans lined in lightweight Kevlar. No CE protectors - they're designed mainly for abrasion resistance and meant to be worn all day and not feel heavy or restrictive. They'll be sub-$150.

(We'll be running a banner ad on this here website when they're ready, probably next month.)
Sizing options? This guy would be interested in a wide and short.

Sizing options? This guy would be interested in a wide and short.

With or without a bib?

Back
Top Bottom