Kevlar Jeans for summer | GTAMotorcycle.com

Kevlar Jeans for summer

shanekingsley

Curry - so nice it burns you twice
Site Supporter
So every day after work I hit up a hot yoga class. I don't feel like coming out of there and putting on my full gear, because it's only an 8km ride home, there's no where to really store my full gear and I'm already sweating tons which will get worse as the weather arms up. I want something that won't take up a lot of space in the change room and I can just put on over my shorts. So I want to get some Kevlar jeans - with or without armour. I would not use these jeans for anything else, because all my other riding is with full gear. I already have an armoured mesh jacket and summer gloves - just need the jeans.

There were some older threads on here, but I figure these have been around a while now so there must be some good newer options. Not sure how much these cost, so I guess budget is about $100, unless I'm way off. Thoughts?

Cheers!

I got a pair of Icon Hooligans from GP bikes for your price....love them. Only kevlar in the knees i think and comes with CE armour. There are better jeans out there but most cost $200+. Check out Revzilla for a video on them.

I purchased the Resurgence Gear Pekev Jean's at GP Bikes last summer and used them in 35 degree plus hot summer sun. I found them comfortable. No more hotter than regular jeans in the summer. They have a liner that runs the entire length of the jeans on both sides that seems to wick away any sweat and help circulate the air and bit. They are a heavy Jean, but come with full Pekev (similar to kevlar) protection throughout the entire Jean on both sides. Also come with k
KNOX knee and hip armour. The fit is like a Levi's 501 Jean, not baggy and not slim fit. Price is a little more than what you noted. $250.00 ....but they are well worth it in my opinion. I also have a pair of Draggin jeans which are lighter but find both equally as comfortable in warm weather.

Really depends on your body type as fit will narrow the list greatly. I use Joe Rocket Blaster jeans as they're one of the few that will fit me. I have two pairs and love them. Rode to the Dragon in July heat in them and they have removeable knee armour as well.

I'd be looking for about a 32x32 or max 34" length. I'm a pretty slim guy so whatever that means for fitment.

I was looking at the Pekev jeans which do seem nice and they also have nice cargo pant versions. The only reason I wanted to spend less is because I'm only going to be using them for 5 minutes a day whereas my other pants get worn for hours at a time, all the time.

I'll check out the JR Blaster jeans, the Gusset and the Icon's.
Any more suggestions - keep em coming.

Cheers!

I'm 34x30, nothing to brag about but Joe Bass puts up some serious numbers. I wear jeans almost exclusively, cotton. I'm digging the alternatives presented. Will keep ear to ground.

First the community service announcement.
[video=youtube;VeOCs3hRjlE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeOCs3hRjlE[/video]

Next. I've had a couple of pairs of mesh pants that were like wearing shorts for coolness. The latest ones are from Olympia, come with an internal/external rain pant, and are a above your price point.

I have a pair of the Olympia Airglide 3 mesh pants and also a pair of the Motoport Air Mesh Kevlar pants but I am specifically looking for a casual looking pair of jeans that can fold up nice and small into my workout bag. There's no lockers in the studio and it gets busy in the evenings, so I want something simple that isn't as bulky.

Mine are Draggin Jeans from 2 Wheel North of Guelph. I like the deep pockets to keep my empty wallet from falling out. Padding in the knees and butt. Temperature wise they feel like insulated coveralls.

I tried a pair of cargos but didn't like them for some reason.

Someone cautioned me about having stuff in the extra lower pockets saying if you did a tumble the stuff bruises your legs. Conjecture?

Mine are Draggin Jeans from 2 Wheel North of Guelph. I like the deep pockets to keep my empty wallet from falling out. Padding in the knees and butt. Temperature wise they feel like insulated coveralls.

I tried a pair of cargos but didn't like them for some reason.

Someone cautioned me about having stuff in the extra lower pockets saying if you did a tumble the stuff bruises your legs. Conjecture?

I ended up with a hex key shaped bruise on my hip when I fell off in normal jeans before. Not sure that I'd want teflon coated i.e. tac511 pants on in a getoff.

Shane.........I completely forgot to mention when you were here for gloves, that I have 3 pair of kevlar riding jeans.
1) Draggin' Jeans.
2) Cortech.
3) Joe Rocket.
I do remember that they all have the same size inseam. (32", but fit a bit long)
Butt: the waist size is 32" / 34" / 36". The JR's are 36" and only used once.

I'll sell 'em all, if anyone is interested.

p.s. ShaneK has 1st dibs ;-)

I found that they all fit so differently that I had to try a number of brands / styles before finding the one I was comfortable in. I bought a pair of Bullitt jeans with Covec on clearance at Royal distributing a couple of years back. Find them very comfortable to ride in

Knee armor if anal.

I think we've all heard of (or done) some strange stuff, but I think that kink is best left unexplained.

I have two pairs of Jimmys Velocity pants that I wear for casual stuff. I don't think he's making them anymore but one pair is black and smart enough that I teach in them sometimes. Aside from looking like I have abnormal swollen knees due to the armour they look great and are cooler. I have Klim badlands pants that are the best venting pants I've ever had for everyday riding. They have front and back long vents and I find I don't need mesh anything with these. Bulky as all heck though so no help for you there. What about a regular pair of jeans with something like Knox knee and shin pads underneath? I sometimes wear that combo too. Much lighter than the other options.

I got a pair of kevlar jeans from rhok-usa for $70, they came with knee and hip armor, they cost a bit more now due to the exchange rate but still not too bad: http://stores.ebay.com/RHOK-USA

Also I see GP Bikes has the icon hooligan jeans on sale for $100 now. Might want to check out royal distributing's tent sale going on now.

Back
Top Bottom