G&M: 2017 Triumph Bonny Scrambler Review | GTAMotorcycle.com

G&M: 2017 Triumph Bonny Scrambler Review

Meh, yet another review that misses the point that the original "Scramblers" were street bikes modified for better off-road performance that led the way to modern dirt bikes.

Almost 12 large for a scrambler with less than 5" of suspension travel? Hopefully those KYB forks don't use damper rods. Looks the business though, which is what matters to most.

Pablum. Now I'm in a bad mood.

Steve McQueen would ride a Vstrom today. Those Brits with their Thai bikes are trying to pull a fast one.

At some point in his life McQueen owned over 70 bikes so a Vstrom would likely be in the herd. But with 70 bikes would he ever ride a V strom?

Those exPat brits are indeed up to something sneaky, they are ahead of the design curve building interesting and relatively well made bikes that appeal to a large audience. They arguably may have the most complete lineup on offer.

50 yrs after declaring to the world , nobody needs anything more than a 650 twin, and Mr.Honda called the bluff, they are poised for a comeback, a reverse Brexit if you will.

Hipsters.Uggghh.

Steve McQueen would ride a Vstrom today. Those Brits with their Thai bikes are trying to pull a fast one.

Wasn't he more of a Mustang guy? Maybe I'm thinking of James Dean and that Ford Turnipseed.

Wasn't he more of a Mustang guy? Maybe I'm thinking of James Dean and that Ford Turnipseed.

He was into a lot of stuff. Did he drive a Mustang in a movie? Yes, I believe so. And I don't understand why James Dean always gets thrown into the mix. What's next? Marilyn Munro? As a wise man once said "Hipsters. Uggghh."

At one point he owned an E-type Jag, a Ferrari, Porche and some other stuff but apparently really liked old chev pickup trucks. Lots of money gives lots of options....

Hipsters are harmless

The truth is, things were better in the good old days, hence the new Triumph with funky pipes. Messing with points, mechanical ignition, chains, tube tires - it was all so much fun. Just read the prophetic hipster bible: Zen and The Art of Motorcycle Maintenance. Robert Persig knew.

The truth is, things were better in the good old days, hence the new Triumph with funky pipes. Messing with points, mechanical ignition, chains, tube tires - it was all so much fun. Just read the prophetic hipster bible: Zen and The Art of Motorcycle Maintenance. Robert Persig knew.

Sarcasm? Amirite. Persig rode a Honda. A big Honda.

I think few suspect it, but hipsters are the key to our economic prosperity. Their nostalgia for things and experiences they never had is proving a boon for businesses. Once they grow older, the second wave of nostalgia will hit and they can be re-sold on the products that imitate their youthful imitation. In their retirement, the mistake of looking backwards will be realized. Embracing the future, another new era of spending can then begin. That's going to be worth more than all the beard oil in the middle east. Marilyn Monroe holograms are going to be big, let me tell you.

Growing older is something that happens the minute those bastards are born. I wouldn't give them a lick off my spitoon. I'm hedging my bets on Muslims and other desirables funding my retirement if that's what you mean by spending.

I think few suspect it, but hipsters are the key to our economic prosperity. Their nostalgia for things and experiences they never had is proving a boon for businesses. Once they grow older, the second wave of nostalgia will hit and they can be re-sold on the products that imitate their youthful imitation. In their retirement, the mistake of looking backwards will be realized. Embracing the future, another new era of spending can then begin. That's going to be worth more than all the beard oil in the middle east. Marilyn Monroe holograms are going to be big, let me tell you.

It's a good thing I kept my son's Pokémon cards. When the 90's nostalgia hits, I'll finally be able to retire.

Yeah, but it was a POS. He had to keep fixing it all the time. It was so bad he wrote a book about it.

Oh. I found the book unreadable at the time. Probably not enough IQ. Today I get all my philosofy from utube.

Back
Top Bottom