Day Rides Out Of Peterborough-Suggestions | GTAMotorcycle.com

Day Rides Out Of Peterborough-Suggestions

xxrider

Staying in Lakefield, just north of Peterborough, and base camping for the May 24th weekend and was looking for 2 day long route suggestions in the 350-400 KM range each.
I did see that somebody posted 2 in the past but I could not find them.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Exactly what I was looking for, thanks so much!

If you like twisties...Northey's Bay Road.
a50894ea658f2ee99ca81ae0f91afdee.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I second the routes Morrissey gave you as I ride those roads often as well. Careful on Lower Faraday though as some of it has some sneaky corners and will catch you out if not paying attention.

thank you everybody, some great riding in this area!

Perhaps not as twisty in places but certainly good for exploring is South and East to to Prince Edward County and Picton. I have to head over here again soon as I read there's a rail bed trail to explore as well as some neat roads around the Lake Ontario coast. This kind of trip is more about stopping and exploring (eating/drinking) though. Still, depending on when you go you can have a few places to yourself. In the height of the season though the Sandbanks area is packed and Picton town is kind of jammed too.

If you like twisties...Northey's Bay Road.

Just a caution on this road. I have a cottage 10 minutes from Northey's Bay Road and ride it about 15 times+ a season. Nice road, good pavement, speed limit is just 60 kph and lots of effectively blind corners, especially if you're above 60 kph .

If you're there on a w/e or in prime vacation time in the summer watch out for families who like to walk the road as a group. On 2 occasions I've come across 6 - 7 people and a couple of large dogs completely blocking the lane at the end of the corner and had to move to the opposite lane to avoid collision. Fortunately for me......... no traffic in the other direction each time this happened.

Back
Top Bottom