KTM 690 Enduro R mods | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

KTM 690 Enduro R mods

If you guys want a tune put in I can bring the cable Sunday. It only takes a few minutes per bike.

I have the akro and stage 1 maps stored in my phone.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
f4bbabab0db701f3d9aad82d1dd29118.jpg

I'm pretty sure those tunes won't work in the 14 and up 690's. They changed a lot from the older models. Only one ecu now. 2 spark plugs and drive by wire. I could be wrong though. Really I hope I am wrong.

Whattt Wudzrydr you would do that for us?? Pm me the when and where lol

Lucky for me I got the 2013

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app
Sure, why not. Would only take a few minutes on my end. Supposed to be done on a cold engine though so you'd need to let it cool before I do it.

I'll be at the Bethany on Sunday on a blacked out 690.

Sure, why not. Would only take a few minutes on my end. Supposed to be done on a cold engine though so you'd need to let it cool before I do it.

I'll be at the Bethany on Sunday on a blacked out 690.

OK can't wait to get this thing to run right! Now will this improve the low rpm chugging? And I've got a 2013 model. I have limited knowledge on these maps. Trying to read as much as I can.

To follow up on this. After flashing. My bike runs beautifully. Even did the 15 min idle reset. Thank to @wudzrydr for the flash. And to cap it all off we had a great time on The Bethany ride!! Now if can only get rid of this ticking! Lol

To follow up on this. After flashing. My bike runs beautifully. Even did the 15 min idle reset. Thank to @wudzrydr for the flash. And to cap it all off we had a great time on The Bethany ride!! Now if can only get rid of this ticking! Lol

Hey, no problem. Glad it's running better now. Great to have you along. Hope we weren't too rough on ya?
18c246f9e9ae223664fbf0b246ded166.jpg

Swiss cheesed my air box today. Drilled a 14, 1/4" holes that can easily be taped it up for extreme water crossings. No noticeable difference in power or ride.

I'm trying to put together a tool kit for any situation. What do you guys recommend or have in your tool pack?

I'm trying to put together a tool kit for any situation. What do you guys recommend or have in your tool pack?

Tire levers, front tube, patch kit, bicycle pump, small vice grips, wrench(s) to remove wheels, plug wrench, combo screwdriver, and a couple small wrenches to access airbox/remove tank etc. And a master link and repair putty.

It's not good enough for "any" situation, but I can fix a flat or restart after watering out.

Swiss cheesed my air box today. Drilled a 14, 1/4" holes that can easily be taped it up for extreme water crossings. No noticeable difference in power or ride.

Why such small holes? Is that what people normally do? Holes that small will flow almost nothing. For comparison, a common DRZ mod is a 3x3" hole (9 sq in), the total area of the holes you made is 0.7 sq in and with the edge effects of the small holes, the effective area will be much less than that. If you want air to move, you need the holes to be as big as possible (hence the DRZ mod being a single large hole).

Tire levers, front tube, patch kit, bicycle pump, small vice grips, wrench(s) to remove wheels, plug wrench, combo screwdriver, and a couple small wrenches to access airbox/remove tank etc. And a master link and repair putty.

It's not good enough for "any" situation, but I can fix a flat or restart after watering out.

Thanks, very helpful.

I find it useful to carry a mini 1/4" drive ratchet (like the one below, but with longer extension) + plus 1/4 to 3/8 drive converter to accommodate a thin-walled deep spark-plug socket. Dedicated spark plug pullers seem a little bulky/wasteful to me.

Teng-13pc-1-4-quot-Drive-Ratchet-Handle-amp-Socket-Set-4-13mm_700_600_60626.jpg

For open-ended wrenches, try to find combo sets with 10/8 11/12 sizes on either end (or whatever spec 690 needs). That will cut down on the qtty of tools you have to carry.

If you need Allen keys, don't bother with the fold-out 'swiss army' sets, just pick out individual key sizes your bike needs as the fold-out sets are too bulky and a pain to use. I actually carry two of my most common sized key so I can enlist a friend to help at the same time (might as well since they are usually stuck there until the repair is done).

Bring Duct tape (de-roll a bunch and fold it flat onto itself to save space) and many, many zip-ties...

Oh, spare fuses are usually a good idea and take-up no space...

It sounds like a lot, but with proper selection and packing everything except tube, levers and pump should easily fit in a small pouch.

Why such small holes? Is that what people normally do? Holes that small will flow almost nothing. For comparison, a common DRZ mod is a 3x3" hole (9 sq in), the total area of the holes you made is 0.7 sq in and with the edge effects of the small holes, the effective area will be much less than that. If you want air to move, you need the holes to be as big as possible (hence the DRZ mod being a single large hole).
I usually see a collection of dust right where the air hits my filter to mitigate this, I drilled the holes. When it's time to check my filter again, I'll see how the dust has accumulated and modify if necessary. I can always drill larger holes.

Back
Top Bottom