KTM 690 Enduro R mods | GTAMotorcycle.com

KTM 690 Enduro R mods

rorider

Site Supporter
Hey guys, just picked up one of these. Where can I get parts, exhaust, etc from for this bike?
I was looking into an exhaust and I can't find anywhere one to buy. The only one available on Ebay is Arrow from Italy and everyone's talking about Akra or Wings.
Any ideas?
Also, if any owners would like to give their input, what are the most important mods to do on this bike? Thanks!

I've never owned one so I won't make recommendations. But I do know you will find a ton of info in the "orange crush" sub forum on adv rider.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Ya. Sure does. I personally think the Wings pipe is a really nice unit. The fit looks perfect. Haven't heard one in person though. That's the pipe I'm planning on putting on mine real soon I hope!!

No baffle! I bet it sounds good!!
Why no 15 min idle?
I meant without the baffle I can't get it to do the 15min idle reset successfully (keeps stalling). I don't know if it's that or because I cleaned the air filter. I'm thinking about Kevin's o2 sensor controller. But, something must be done to the mapping.

Also this thing is burning oil! Seems like all of them do.

Below 3000rpm it wants to stall over anything. Hopefully the o2 mod fixes it.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Last edited:
The oil consumption will subside as you break it in. Advrider.com in the thumpers section is chock full of everything you'll ever want to know. I've got a tuneECU cable if you want to upload a new map, I had not heard that this is not possible on the 2016...let me know anytime. Are you riding Bethany this Sunday? There are several friends with 690s who will be riding it.

My Wings is not here yet. I wonder if i can ask the dealer to preload the mapping with the stock muffler on then just switch when the Wings arrives next week.
I'll be at the Bethany on Sunday. I have a feeling it will be huge turnout. The weather's looking good.

I meant without the baffle I can't get it to do the 15min idle reset successfully (keeps stalling). I don't know if it's that or because I cleaned the air filter. I'm thinking about Kevin's o2 sensor controller. But, something must be done to the mapping.

Also this thing is burning oil! Seems like all of them do.

Below 3000rpm it wants to stall over anything. Hopefully the o2 mod fixes it.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app
It might be because of the no baffle.
I've heard that without the baffle they run even leaner.
I'd try and install the baffle and see if it will do the 15 min
Idle. That may also clear up the stalling issue.

If you guys want a tune put in I can bring the cable Sunday. It only takes a few minutes per bike.

I have the akro and stage 1 maps stored in my phone.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
f4bbabab0db701f3d9aad82d1dd29118.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom