White leather conditioner | GTAMotorcycle.com

White leather conditioner

arogal

I have been reading that mink oil and saddle soap may affect the colour on lighter leather materials. What do you guys use to condition your leathers? My Astars GP Plus jacket does have lots of white on it and the last thing I'd want to do it discolour it. I have even read that people use coconut oil/extra virgin olive oil lol!!
Any tips would be appreciated.
Thanks

Last edited:
Did you try a forum search? I have some fiebings as per Bickle and some German stuff from a tack shop. Try it on an out of the way place first to see if it changes the colour. My white suit is fine with both.

I currently use a leather conditioner from Danier that I have. But i really would like to know what is good to remove the dirty darker parts on the white areas.

My GF works for a HUGE leather importer and she said they use mild soap, and water to spot clean the hides.

Stay away from any harsh, or heavy scented soap as it will strip the oils from the leather and dry it out.

Dainese sells a leather cleaning kit. GP bikes has it

+1 for feibings as per John Bickle.Used it for many years.

I've used Neatsfoot oil for a while and it hasn't discoloured my white leathers...

I tried a bit of pledge believe it or not and it worked pretty damn good. I'm not going to continue using it, but there is a place on Tompkin in Sauga just south of Britannia thay carries feiblings. Gunna grab some of that!

Just make sure that you don't get the tinted stuff.

i condition my white perforated leather jacket with bug guts and sweat :)

Leather conditioners will change the shade of lighter leathers to a "deeper" shade. So faded (light) brown boots will become dark brown, for example. Darker white is still white. No issues with Fiebings on my white leather.

Saddlesoap is what has always been recommended for cleaning. You have to condition after. Even then, there's a limit to how much you can clean. Once it's soaked into the leather it's pretty permanent unless you strip off a layer and recolour.

Mild moisturizing hand soap to clean. Then I spray with lemon Pledge. Lots of miles on the suit and jacket and both still look new.

Back
Top Bottom