Help with Insurance Options for 2017 R6 (Fully understanding dilemma) | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Help with Insurance Options for 2017 R6 (Fully understanding dilemma)

True. I was gonna suck it up and go naked. but I cant lie. looks mean something to me. growing up watching motogp. I always wanted to own a motogp style bike. and the nakeds just aint it. great rides tho.

R6 is a terrible street bike, lack of torque down low and uncomfortable af riding. Naked bikes are usually the opposite, hence why the naked sales are going up and Honda and Suzuki are killing off 600 supersports.

Dead set on riding a R6, buy a used one and take it to the track where it shines.

R6 is a terrible street bike, lack of torque down low and uncomfortable af riding. Naked bikes are usually the opposite, hence why the naked sales are going up and Honda and Suzuki are killing off 600 supersports.

Dead set on riding a R6, buy a used one and take it to the track where it shines.
I didnt know suzuki is killing the gsxr?

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

2 things

1) Who the hell is still buying these liter SS bikes?

They feel justified in completely revamping those?

2) And apparently "not to mention the current trend of buying on credit instead of cash, the Japanese are slowly losing their battle on price, with riders opting to pay a little bit more each month in order to have the absolute best that the market avails"

My instincts have proven to be true.

And apparently "not to mention the current trend of buying on credit instead of cash, the Japanese are slowly losing their battle on price, with riders opting to pay a little bit more each month in order to have the absolute best that the market avails"

My instincts have proven to be true.

The trend of buying on credit instead of buying a more affordable bike that one might be able to pay cash for instead has more to do with two things:

1- The "I want it, and I want it now" mentality that is getting more common in the <30 crowd.

2- Cheap interest rates.

3- People who don't even have the slightest clue how much financing really costs them anyways, they just see "$50 Biweekly!" on the tag and think "Wow, I can afford that, that's super cheap!". They've no clue that financing that toy ends up costing them many thousands of extra dollars over the life of the term, over and above the actual cost of the bike.

$1900 for my brand new Ducati at 27 is so blessed...all these posts remind me of the time I was a kid paying $3500 for a 250. I always knew all I had to do was make it through the danger years unscathed and there would be light at the end of the tunnel. Now I'm paying just a bit more for a car and two bikes, here you've really got to do your time and pay to play. The Ducati is on a standalone policy too which at that rate is almost unheard of.

The catch is my company only insures riders on SS's if they're over 25 with an M for at least 4 years. There seems to not be may riders on supersports that fit that bill apparently, they either want SS's right away or are stupid lazy bastards that ride out their M2's until they expire and start all over again.

Last edited:
So I guess it was just a hoax when I heard people complaint about the housing market.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The trend of buying on credit instead of buying a more affordable bike that one might be able to pay cash for instead has more to do with two things:

1- The "I want it, and I want it now" mentality that is getting more common in the <30 crowd.

2- Cheap interest rates.

3- People who don't even have the slightest clue how much financing really costs them anyways, they just see "$50 Biweekly!" on the tag and think "Wow, I can afford that, that's super cheap!". They've no clue that financing that toy ends up costing them many thousands of extra dollars over the life of the term, over and above the actual cost of the bike.

I dont know i see many old dudes financing those heavy chrome machines we call harleys.

Why just now i was riding and saw 2 old people riding their harleys like morons, at the last minute they decided they wanted to go right instead of left, so they proceeded to move their behemoths(With their feet, not feathering the clutch like they should have) infront of the cars that were waiting behind them, obstructing traffic, putting themselves in danger and giving riders a bad name.

Yes, you're right. The reason the bundle is expensive for me is because both auto/home combined are about $700 more expensive than what I can get elsewhere.

I too will be turning 30 next year. Hoping to hop on the Allstate wagon and finally get a SS.

Please keep us posted about your situation. Good luck!

Sent from my LG-D852 using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Just keeping you posted like you asked. I ended up getting the 2017 R6. went with intact in the end at $407 a month on insurance.

wow...don't know how you guys justify that much in ins.

I wonder how they feel in November through April when the bike is parked and those $400/month payments continue.... might sound palatable during riding season, but in the off season, wow.

Im going to guess hes paying for the financing as well as the insurance...

Wow that is insane!

Looking back 8 years ago when I first got my license (M2), I'm glad I was able to persuade myself from NOT paying $3500/yr (1 payment) for liability and comprehensive to ride a CBR125 on the first year... lol

I had 1 at-fault claim in a car at the time...

Looking back 8 years ago when I first got my license (M2), I'm glad I was able to persuade myself from NOT paying $3500/yr (1 payment) for liability and comprehensive to ride a CBR125 on the first year... lol

I had 1 at-fault claim in a car at the time...
You're both crazy.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I paid a year what he's paying a month when I started. Don't know if I'd be riding now at today's rates for noobs.

I paid a year what he's paying a month when I started. Don't know if I'd be riding now at today's rates for noobs.

Problem is choice of bikes. Newb's seem to want to go straight to the high performance lineup now instead of being willing to work their way there instead by riding a textbook beginner bike instead.

Because when you're 19 or 20, who wants to show up at Timmies on anything other than a supersport, right? Street cred will suffer.

Problem is choice of bikes. Newb's seem to want to go straight to the high performance lineup now instead of being willing to work their way there instead by riding a textbook beginner bike instead.

Because when you're 19 or 20, who wants to show up at Timmies on anything other than a supersport, right? Street cred will suffer.
Meh. I know many middle aged newbs who went straight to a victory or harley. None spent any time on a virago 250 or even a vstar 650. They went straight for the top because 650s are for "chicks".
To each their own but there is no way in the world I'm ever paying $400/month to ride a bike.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom