Anyone recommend a good riding book for short riders? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anyone recommend a good riding book for short riders?

DjSamphard

Anyone recommend a good riding boots for short riders?

Hey guys ,

I am looking for a low or mid cut riding boot that can possible give me some height. Any recommendations?

Last edited:
Oh crap. I really had a good book lined up for you. As for boots - honestly - there is nothing good for short riders. I don't know why but every manufacturer from Icon to TCX tailors their boots to 6' + riders.

Ahh now it makes sense. I was thinking 'what the heck does height have to do with books??' Sorry I don't have any recommendations for you.

Sorry my friend, motorcycle boots are build for support and protection, i dont think there are many that are there to give you vertical

only thing you can do would be to replace or add material to the soles.

or cut down the seat or get lower dog bones...

Preload adjustment might work

MacDoc had a post a while back about some boots he had re-soled with a taller/thicker sole so he could reach the ground better on his WeeStrom. Paging MacDoc?

You can gain at least a 1/2 " with a resole.

Off the top tho Milwaukee Troopers are excellent and give you an inch.

MB416_386_386_c1.jpg
those heels are tall.

There are lots of ways to deal with a tall seat tho...what is your inseam ...what bike?

Learn to ride better as a short person. No boots will make up for height, so riding technique will be critical. Even if you did find a boot to add height, what will happen when you stop beside a deep hole and put your foot into it? Learn to stop where when you put a foot down your foot will be on the highest ground. Learn to park your bike so that you can easily back out.

+1 Learn to ride with out the height advantage...but a bit extra in your boot doesn't hurt.

.... Learn to park your bike so that you can easily back out.
Actually learn to park it backed in then you ride straight out. I always make a choice to park facing uphill if at all possible.

How tall are you?what bike do you wanna ride? Most SS bikes ...except euro ones will fit short riders...

Any boot that has a thicker sole will also reduce feel on the pegs, which isn't good. If you really want a pair, I know Daytona makes both their MStar and LadyStar boots which essentially have a heel in them. I actually bought a pair years ago when I was worried about not being able to flat foot, but ended up getting a different pair of boots since they didn't feel good to me on the bike.

That said, as long as you can get the balls of your feet essentially down, then you should be able to reliably get 1 foot completely down at a stop if you lean the bike slightly to one side. That's what I do (cursed with a 29" inseam even at 5'8" tall). Only time it is really an issue is when the road is banked to one side (for runoff), and the kickstand doesn't generate enough lean to safely hop off the bike, and also the fact that walking the bike backwards into a parking spot is essentially impossible (I just hop off and walk it backwards into the spot).

Back
Top Bottom