Scrubbing in tires | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Scrubbing in tires

Put about 100kms on them and have about half inch of unused surface. Guess there's no reason to over think new tires. I looked at the manufacturing dates they were made in 2014 :s not sure if that's a big deal or not

Last edited:
I looked at the manufacturing dates they were made in 2014 :s not sure if that's a big deal or not

Nah, you should be fine. If you ride a lot you will most likely replace them before the rubber begins to go bad.

Just ride the thing like you normally would. I will be cautious for the first few minutes only because I have a new part on the bike, not because I'm worried about grip. At track days I put on brand new tires and head straight out. No change in my riding behaviour. In fact, I ride harder knowing I have more rubber.

Used to do the same, then I chucked one down the road first corner with a set of super corsa's. Was like someone drop kicked the front right out from under me. Now I'm a little cautious for the first few turns; not much, but a little.

Used to do the same, then I chucked one down the road first corner with a set of super corsa's. Was like someone drop kicked the front right out from under me. Now I'm a little cautious for the first few turns; not much, but a little.

The higher quality tires are unidirectional. That optimizes the tread pattern.

Technically since we live in Ontario, if you put on new rubber and go for a fun ride up north, you'll easily put 100+ km on the tires before you hit anything fun, so they'll be ready by the time you hit any good roads. lol

Technically I live upwind of a downhill left hander and downwind of a uphill right hander. I think that's why I'm razor sharp right out of the gate on a moments notice.

I'm two rights and a left off a beautifully smooth on ramp. Luckily in the above noted mishap, I didn't make it.

I picked up my bike last week from the shop after being fitted with new Q3's and certified. It was about 4 degrees when I picked it up at 6pm so I was a little nervous on the ride home (about 8 kms). Just took it really easy until they got at least a little heat and all was fine. Even on that short ride home I could see that the release agents dissipated on a good portion of the tire. Two days later I went on a 300km ride, so they are definitely gtg now, but since I am new, I still have my chicken strips. :D

Back
Top Bottom