The $300 1998 Suzuki Savage | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

The $300 1998 Suzuki Savage

Lookin good. Now get it to run as good as it looks.

This beast starts every time now. Starts and idles. Still charging 14 volts and holds 12.7 when off.

Brake pads finally arrived. Old pads paper thin and grooved up. Worried about rotor thickness a bit now. Caliper had 2 different bugs living in it. In the piston and bellow. Cleaned and light sand paper on piston. Very little electric grease on the seal to help it slide. Master leaked on the seal when pushing with the screw drive let alone the C clamp. Rubber seals $13 will order. Loads of bleeding again to get pressure back.

On a side note she is not feeling comfortable on the Savage or possible anything with gears just yet so photo #3 2004 Kymco ZX50 or Super Fever or dink 2 depending on what country you are in. Came with a med open face helmet, Ladies large gloves and for a laugh Photo #4. Three years in a shed. New battery fresh gas and it lives. 50cc 2 stroke Loads of after market go fast goodies for later.

pads.gif

caliper.gif

2004kymcozx50.gif

helmet.gif

They do this kind of upholstery work at an apple auto glass? :confused:

Apple Auto Glass Oakville (647) 343-6092 1033 Speers Rd #2, Oakville, ON L6L 2X5

I did black vinyl no special requests and no rush. 2 seats and backrest $250 cash. I was quoted as high as $500 by some shops.

Hours: Closing soon · 8AM–5PM

that is a good looking seat recovering. plug appreciated. good job.

Did it come with a spare tire, or do you just have extra scooter tires kicking around?

I use the spare from my Super 9 (120/70/12) to hold the folded ramp from rubbing the wall and to stop the front wheels on bikes or scooter from moving. Last time I when through the border they ask why I had a ramp, tie downs, gas can and battery pack with me. You never know when you might find a bike to buy. I also stop to help bikes on the side of the road. Not so much now until my airbag recall comes in. To quote the letter "serious injury or Death"

Any updates?

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

Might have a weeping fork seal. Pitting on the tube at the lower triple. Shouldn't be a cause. Otherwise I don't see any other issues. Not the prettiest bike but seems solid.

As a bit of a hail marry move I picked up a 50cc 2T scooter to try to
Entice her see what happens

Last edited:
Unsubscribed :-(
Start a new one with the scooter?

sent from my Purple LGG4 on the GTAM app

Back
Top Bottom