Fast phase 1 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Fast phase 1

joey12jet

Hi everyone,
I signed up for fast phase 1 on may 16 and im using my own bike. Anyone going to this course on may 16? Are you using your own bike or rent their bike?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Hi everyone,
I signed up for fast phase 1 on may 16 and im using my own bike. Anyone going to this course on may 16? Are you using your own bike or rent their bike?

what bike do you have?

1 drop will likely cost you more to repair your bike vs. using theirs
it's a very tiring thing to do all day (sun/rain) and then ride your bike home...again assuming your bike is rideable

what bike do you have?

it's a very tiring thing to do all day (sun/rain) and then ride your bike home...again assuming your bike is rideable
If you drop theirs you'll still be paying for the repairs up to a limit.

I rode my own when I did it, nothing wrong with either choice but I think learning is easier if you are familiar with the bike.

I have 2 bikes. Same model and year. One is dedicated track bike. But I can swap any parts that will be damaged. And I will be using trailer.

I have 2 bikes. Same model and year. One is dedicated track bike. But I can swap any parts that will be damaged. And I will be using trailer.

Oh. You're set then.

They used to offer insurance to reduce the limit. I felt it was worth every penny, especially after repeatedly lapping the guy gingerly riding his own Ducati 999

The reason for this thread is Im looking to share my canopy if anyone is going with their own bike.

what bike do you have?

As D has noted, unless you trailer your bike there, should you crash you have to find an alternative way to get home. And yes you will be both mentally and physically exhausted after the day.

You really don't need a canopy, the track sessions are only 7 x 10 min, the rest of the time you're either inside the building or in the pavilion

The reason for this thread is Im looking to share my canopy if anyone is going with their own bike.

You will enjoy the training, it is a lot of fun.

Is there anyone else on the forum going on this day that would to join joey12jet?

yes, pay for theirs then you go home and ride your perfectly in tact bike, lol
either way, you gonna pay...why damage your bike.

no canopy required

I suggest you avoid eating a lot of carbs at lunch time.

Make the most out of your time there, ask all the questions you want...helpful ppl. Michelle is a very helpful guy.

What do you think is cheaper? Race plastics or stock plastics?

For reference: I had a very tiny mishap last year that destroyed the left side of my GSXR's tail. To buy the busted parts brand new was around $400....which was the same cost as a set of used race plastics I found on Kijiji.

Not to mention street bikes have things like mirrors and indicators that will also break.

油井緋色;2490318 said:
What do you think is cheaper? Race plastics or stock plastics?

For reference: I had a very tiny mishap last year that destroyed the left side of my GSXR's tail. To buy the busted parts brand new was around $400....which was the same cost as a set of used race plastics I found on Kijiji.

Not to mention street bikes have things like mirrors and indicators that will also break.

headlights, levers, shifter

I am not disagreeing with you guys, but the main point of this thread is to see if anyone else doing the Fast Phase 1 course on May 16th. OP has a dedicated track bike and trailer.

I am not disagreeing with you guys, but the main point of this thread is to see if anyone else doing the Fast Phase 1 course on May 16th. OP has a dedicated track bike and trailer.
Yeah, thats the main reason of the post. I dont know why they keep going about street bikes vs rental vs oem vs race plastic. Anyways, seems like no need for canopy.but Ill still bring my canopy since I already bought 1. I also bought generator but no warmers yet. I guess warmers can wait after the course.

The course is full but maybe theres no GTAMers.

Yeah, thats the main reason of the post. I dont know why they keep going about street bikes vs rental vs oem vs race plastic. Anyways, seems like no need for canopy.but Ill still bring my canopy since I already bought 1. I also bought generator but no warmers yet. I guess warmers can wait after the course.

The course is full but maybe theres no GTAMers.

Cause we're at work and bored lol apologies.

油井緋色;2490334 said:
Cause we're at work and bored lol apologies.
Ok, hehe.

How about warmers? I have fresh tire on my track bike. Can I get away without warmers?

I plan to buy them in june.

Ok, hehe.

How about warmers? I have fresh tire on my track bike. Can I get away without warmers?

I plan to buy them in june.

You'll be fine. I'm mid pack yellow (in the middle between slowest and fastest rider on the average track day) and warmers are still a "nice to have" for me.

There are some crazy fast guys that swear by them on here but they are significantly faster than me.

EDIT: In case anyone reads this without going to page 2. The above does not apply if your tires say you need warmers (slicks, Bridgestone R10 as examples)

Last edited:
油井緋色;2490336 said:
You'll be fine. I'm mid pack yellow (in the middle between slowest and fastest rider on the average track day) and warmers are still a "nice to have" for me.

There are some crazy fast guys that swear by them on here but they are significantly faster than me.
Ok I guess Im all set for the track!
Im so ecxited on my new toys but bank account is already crying. Probably cry some more this whole season.

Back
Top Bottom