What permits do I need?? | GTAMotorcycle.com

What permits do I need??

shadowman

Site Supporter
Hey folks, I just picked up a WR250R dual sport this year to try some trail riding. I've ridden snowmobiles for years and all you need is an OFSC pass and you can legally ride any snowmobile trail in Ontario. This doesn't seem to be the case with motorcycle trail riding.
I will be getting a Ganaraska pass, simply because it's so close to me and that's where I plan to do most of my riding. I checked out OFTR and they list a bunch of riding areas, but don't mention Kawartha trails, specifically the rail line from Lindsay to Haliburton and the trails off of it. I checked out KATVA, but they only talk about atvs, no mention of motorcycles.
I would like to ride all of these areas, and I don't mind paying my way.
I guess I'm looking for advice on what permits I should be buying.
Any advice?

The oftr and the Ganny yearly pass are your two best options. The oftr is ontario wide and the Ganny is just the Ganny. Joining the oftr supports our ontario trails as well as opening up opportunities to join trail rides, races and other organized events. Your wr250 is ideal for the rides the odsc (ontario dual sport club) puts on as well.
Some trails are shared use, some are atv only and some are bikes only.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply Iceman. I'll check out odsc. I'm still a bit unclear about oftr and exactly what trails it allows me to ride... Victoria Rail Trail? Northumberland Forest?

If your that closet to the ganny you should check out the Northumberland forest.great trails....just a wee bit east of the ganny.. off of hwy 45.OFTR allows you to ride in many areas just look it up on there web site or contact them by email. They are very easy to talk to. OFTR IS JUST UNDER $100 FOR THE season

Back
Top Bottom